ch. 2

Chapter Two;;- Introductions

She should've expected this, really, that her class would be making trouble from the second that [name] arrived.

She had been almost to the clump of students when she saw a softball fly just a little bit ahead of where the majority of the people were standing. [name] assumed it was probably thrown by whoever was being evaluated at the softball throw. Since she hadn't been in Japan until three years ago, she wasn't actually that familiar with their physical testing, but she skimmed the day's lesson plan on the way over.

Thinking nothing of it, she continued forward. When she was perhaps a meter away from joining Aizawa's side to politely introduce herself and apologize for being late when one of the students propelled himself forward out of the crowd and towards the student that had thrown the softball using what [name] thought must have been his quirk.

Compared to some heroes, [name] was almost a newbie. Some heroes, who had been doing this since they were eighteen, could've had between two and three times the years of experience she had. Still, she had definitely developed the reflexes of a hero in the four short years of being one.

[name] darted forward and grabbed the student-- a male, good physical shape with spiky, ash blond hair who seemed to have an explosion quirk of some kind. [name] would have to make sure to commit those files Nedzu gave her to memory-- underneath his arms, taking advantage of the moment he was surprised to twist his arms behind his back, pressing his forearms together. She gripped his forearms together tightly with one hand and threw her other arm across his chest so that he couldn't move forward. [name] kept her distance from him, except for holding onto him, because of the explosive power she had seen earlier from his hands. She was beginning to wonder why he hadn't tried to use his quirk at all, but when she looked up the question was erased from her mind.

Aizawa had his hair floating away from his face, his scarf already in hand to assist if necessary. He nodded as they met eyes, ignoring the loud protests of the boy [name] was still holding. His gaze shifted to the student. "Stop using your quirk already, I'm getting dry eye over here."

A brief moment of silence passed before Aizawa let his hair fall back around his face and tossed his scarf back over his shoulder. [name] released the student, who sulked away quietly.

She heard Aizawa mumble something about a waste of time, but [name] elected to ignore it and instead faced the gathered students. "Sorry for being late everyone," She said, bowing. "I'm Pathogen, and I'll be sharing with Aizawa as your homeroom teacher." Straightening, she smiled politely at the group. "I'd appreciate if you guys referred to me as [surname] while we're in school."

The sounds of awe that escaped the group made her ego feel satisfied, forcing a more genuine smile to her lips. She made sure the students were going to prepare for the next event, then excused herself to meet Aizawa, who was standing away from the group.

"Yo, Eraserhead," she greeted. "Nedzu kept me." Not much of an excuse, but she could only hope that he would understand.

Aizawa gave her a nod that told her he did understand. "It's Aizawa at school," He said, watching the students as they prepared for the next event.

[name] only nodded in response to that, joining him in looking over the students. She didn't know really any of their names, but she hoped she wouldn't be doing too much that required knowing them. That hope was dashed when her eyes fell on the bruised, broken looking finger of a boy with curly green hair and a smattering of freckles across his cheeks. "What's up with that kid's finger?"

Luckily, Aizawa didn't need any help to figure out who she meant. "It doesn't seem like Midoriya can use his quirk without injuring himself." He brushed his hair away from his face. "That's from his softball throw earlier."