the ending note :,(

wow.

it really didn't dawn on me halfway through the epilogue that this story was ending. i'm a little misty eyed tbh.

it has taken me just over three fucking years to finish this story. that's the real insane bit to me. sure, a lot of it was hiatus but man. this story has held such a sensitive spot in my heart.

when i went on that hiatus, i didn't know if i'd be able to finish it. bnha happened to be a hyper-fixation of mine for unusually long, which was what allowed me to write both sunfeeder (my amajiki tamaki fic) and infectious (and start that all might story, but... we dont talk about that one). but then i lost so much wind in my sails as i started to get really depressed and honestly i was near suicidal.

and then i was whisked into enjoying life somehow. i lost a close friend to suicide in june of 2020, i turned to the only other friend i really had for comfort and well. less than three weeks later we started dating. quarantine kept the world in a weird state of disarray, but somehow i managed to find some happiness in it all. completely head over heels in love, mourning but not always in a bad way, starting to study something i really liked.

admittedly, my stories fell to the wayside while i lost my bnha hyper-fixation and quite a bit of love for writing. my creativity outlet moved towards drawing and i struggled to keep wanting to write, especially a fandom i didn't really participate in (i actually quit watching entirely at the end of the training camp and stopped reading the manga after the overhaul arc). but i didn't want to abandon this story. i loved it.

i still love infectious. its the story thats given me the most support, its my longest, its my most loved. i remember being 12 and writing fics that barely got 50 hearts sometimes and now i have this story with nearly 4k. it made me feel good. so i wanted to finish it. [wattpad, this kinda applies to quotev only lol you guys ended up with access to my writing much later on in the process]

honestly, the ending of this story is probably my goodbye to fanfiction. i don't think i'll end up writing any more. let's head out of this phase of my life on a high note. i mean, i'm nearly 20 now, it's been a nice nine years, but it's probably time to pack it up.

if you care at all about keeping up with me, i still post on my quotev all the time (even if a lot of it is ranting). i stream drawing every now and then too on twitch! (https://www.twitch.tv/abstractios)

i really want to give all of my readers the biggest thank you i can. for supporting me especially, even if we don't know each other, you ended up being a huge source of my inspiration and reason to get through life when i wasn't sure. i hope i made you happy and you liked the ending you've been waiting so long for.

i love you all <3