Chapter 13: Big strong alpha . . . (edited)

" What the hell is going on here ?!" Greg's voice boomed as he opened the doors.

I peaked out from behind him to see Logan holding onto Alec's shirt collar, and Alec's eyes glowing with rage as he restrained himself from punching my brother.

" The boys are just getting to know each other a bit more intimately." Alpha Wild said as he stood up and inserted himself between the two men. He wrapped his arms around their necks in a friendly manner, but I knew he was choke-holding them based on their strained expressions.

Greg looked unamused and unimpressed at my dad's attempt at a bluff. Before he could comment on it, Petra called my name.

" Lucy, come here sweetie, I think we're going to head home for today."

I was more than obliged to run into her open arms and let her carry me off of this territory and away from it's stone-cold leader, but before I took so much as a step, Greg put his arm out in front of me to prevent my escape.

" Unfortunately, Lucy will be staying as a guest on my territory until the Red Dawn is taken care of." Greg said, earning a gasp from Petra.

" That wasn't part of the agreement, Waters." Alpha Wild growled," Just what are you trying to pull here ?"

At this, Greg lowered his arm only to place both hands on my shoulders and push me out in front of him, like I was some sort of human shield against my parents' rage.

" Why don't you explain the situation, Lucy." He said smoothly. His sadistic smirk taunting me as I faced my parents, Logan, Alec, and two women I didn't know.

I took a deep breath," Gregory thinks –" I wasn't allowed to finish my sentence as Greg interrupted me before I could fan the flames of my parents' rage.

" Joradari saw her necklace, and it is likely something the Red Dawn is after, so if Lucy goes back to the neutral territory where she attends university, she would become an easy target for them. After hearing of this, Lucy decided to stay on my territory where my pack would be able to protect her." Greg finished.

My parents looked between Greg and me.

Petra held out her hand," Sweetie, you could always come home with us, we can protect you just as well."

I felt Greg's eyes burning into the top of my skull from behind me. His presence behind me had the hairs on my arm standing up and my entire body on edge.

I remembered his offer to kill alpha Wild earlier and awkwardly managed a smile," Uh, I know. I just don't want to risk luring that psycho home, so I thought it was better to stay here."

Petra's brows knitted together," Pumpkin, you don't have to –"

" Plus, Gregory promised to be my personal bodyguard during my stay here!" At this, Greg's grip on my shoulders loosened and I took the opportunity to turn around and pull him forward," So that way you don't have to worry about my safety since I have a big strong alpha protecting me!"

1 hour later . . .

In hindsight, I'm sure I didn't have to lay the compliments on as thick. Once my parents heard that Greg was going to be my personal bodyguard, they were stuck in a state of shock. It was as if they'd seen an honest to goddess ghost.

Logan was preoccupied with glaring at Alec, apparently their relationship didn't get any better in the time that I'd left them alone.

The woman with reddish hair informed me her name was Marina and left almost immediately after.

The woman with brown hair introduced herself as the pack gamma. Her name was Callista, and she seemed nice enough. She maintained a smile throughout the entire encounter, and I couldn't tell if she was amused by something or if that was simply what she always looked like.