56: Marry Me

MARIA WAYNE

A week after Leo went back to Chicago Charlie decided to invite Elizabeth for lunch. It has been so long since we girls spend some time together. Things are slowly returning to normal – Harrisons and I weren't the hot topics of the media, David has been sued by Silas and everybody knows about Charlie's pregnancy. When I asked how Charlie about Marcus's reaction when he heard about being a dad the second time – she just replied that it was a special moment that can't be described. We have been very busy since Charlie and Marcus decided to have a private wedding with just family and a few close friends in two weeks. No matter how things are back to normal – I still feel burdened. I talked to Rene a few times this week - it wasn't her fault. She didn't even know how Paige and David played us. Charlie asked her to come to the wedding, but she is hesitating. She isn't sure how everyone else would feel in her presence. Rene had nothing to do with the mess that was created – I told her that she will be welcomed and that she should join us – rest is her to decide.

"I am okay," Charlie hushed. Elizabeth and I exchanged a look before we averted our gaze on Charlie again. Charlie glanced at us and sighed, "Marcus, it was just morning sickness – relax." She spoke. I chuckled while Elizabeth rolled her eyes. Charlie closed her eyes briefly as she listened to Marcus before nodding her head, "Yes – okay, happy now? You worry so much. I am alright, so relax. You should go back to work now." She said. "Not another word, Marcus – bye now." She said sternly before hanging up the call. Charlie typed something on her phone as she mumbled, "This guy is making me go crazy." She sighed, "As if pregnancy hormones weren't enough," She added causing us to laugh.

"That's the thing about us Harrisons – we are crazy, but in a cute caring manner." Elizabeth joked. I couldn't agree more. We girls spent some quality time together – we discussed the wedding, Charlie's pregnancy, and about Elizabeth's work. I still haven't told them about my infertility – I am not sure if I am ready to talk about it. They will know at the right time. After we had lunch – we decided to watch a movie. It has been long since the three of us watched a movie together. Elizabeth decided to put on a comedy movie while Charlie went into the kitchen to bring something to munch on – she has been eating a lot since she has gotten pregnant. It hasn't even been an hour since we had lunch and she was already looking for more food.

My cellphone rang – I looked at the caller's ID to see that it was Silas – who was calling. I smiled softly and answered the phone, "Hey," I said. I heard his steady breathes from the other side before he finally replied, "Hi," He said softly. I furrowed my eyebrows together, "You don't sound okay, is everything alright?" I questioned him. He chuckled, "Not really –" he sighed, "There is something on my head for the past few days and it is keeping up at nights," He answered. "Is everything okay with work?" I asked him. He hummed tiredly, "Yes, it isn't about work." He answered back. "Listen, will you have dinner with me tonight?" He asked.

"Dinner?" I repeated him. He chuckled, "Yes, like the main meal of the day," He said. I rolled my eyes, "I know – I wasn't sure why all of the sudden?" I asked. I heard him chuckle from the other side, "Why not?" He replied. "I will pick you up around seven tonight, is that alright?" He asked. I smiled and nodded my head, "Yes," I answered. I hang up the phone. I lifted my head to look at Elizabeth chuckling, "Dinner with Silas, huh?" She asked. I smiled and nodded, "How did you know?" I asked. "You mentioned dinner just seconds ago and that smile on your face is enough for anyone to guess that it was my brother," She answered.

By five in the evening, Charlie had to go to the doctor with Marcus and Elizabeth had to meet Owen. After both of them left I took a shower and changed into clean nice clothes. I have reached to this comfort level with Silas, here I no longer dress to impress him, but today I felt like dressing up a bit. After changing into a pink blouse and black jeans, I stared myself in the mirror and pictured myself in a pretty fancy red dress with high heels on, with my hair tied up in a loose bun and my makeup done. It has been so long since I tried a dress on or wore heels. I was suddenly craving to do all of those – especially when I know that I would be meeting Silas in a while. We almost meet daily, but I don't know what it was about – I just wanted to feel special – I wanted to look good. I sighed when I realized how difficult it is for me to desire anything anymore. I am even scared of wishing, because whenever I wished for something in my life – it was taken away from me. I sat on the stool in front of the dressing table and put my crutches beside the table before I started to brush my wet hair.