Chapter Twenty Four

We drive to the nearest shopping centre and park close to the entry. We walk inside and I make a beeline to a shop that has a 50% sale sign in it. "Rachel!" Mrs. Hudson calls. I turn around with a black tube skirt in my hand and wave her over. "Oh dear I thought I'd lost you!" She laughs. I smile and we both look through the sale racks. Three clothes bags later and a call rings through on my phone.

"Rachel? It's John. Where are you?" John's voice says through the phone. "London shopping centre." I reply slowly. "Ok right I'll be there as soon as I can. Don't move." Then he hangs up. Twenty minutes later and a taxi arrives with John in the back. Mrs. Hudson drives home whilst me and John ride to the police station. "John what's happened?" I demand.
"You'll hear soon enough. We're nearly there." He replies, tapping his fingers impatiently on his right leg.

The cab pulls up outside the stationary and we rush in. A man with dark and light grey hair shakes John's hand. "Lestrade nice to see you again." John coughs. He nods and smiles tightly at me. "And who is this?" He asks, shaking my hand also. Before John can reply I say, "I'm Sherlock's girlfriend." They both stare at me and I shrug. "Ok...  well come with me. We managed to get audio from the room of which the incident occurred. Follow me." Lestrade says, turning and walking down a flight of stairs. We enter a dark and dimly lit room and me and John take the seats opposite the officer. On the table is some sort of CD player. Lestrade presses play and we all sit back and listen.

"STOP LAUGHING AT ME!" Sherlock yells, before Lestrade cuts off the audio. I sink back in ny chair and place my head in my hands. He lost it.
"Christ. I keep wondering if we should've seen it coming." Lestrade groans. "Not long ago, he shot Charles Magnussen in the face. We did see it coming. We always saw it coming. But it was fun." John mutters.
"WHAT?!" I shriek. I feel my heart beat practically out of my chest and my hands become clammy. "He didn't tell her?" Lestrade utters. John shakes his head and turns to me. "Rachel, there is alot you don't know about Sherlock. I understand that this is difficult for you. He must've done it because he didn't want to loose you." John tries to explain. I scrape back my chair and rush out of the room.

"Rachel!" John calls. I keep running and running, pushing open the doors of the building and running out into the rain. I'm dating a psychotic murderer. I collapse onto the mud underneath an oak tree and fist my hands in my hair. "Rachel?" John says quietly. I ignore him and he walks closer. "Do you want to see him?" He asks. I shrug and he pulls me up. "Come. He's in a hospital right now." John tells me, and fear sets inside me. I may not like him right now but I don't want him dead.