Chapter Six

"Ok. That's fine. I'll get you some water and then leave ok?" I murmur. He frowns and shakes his head, only to clutch it and groan in pain. "No - don't leave. I need you." He says. I look at him pityingly and his eyes narrow. "Don't look at me like that." He snaps. I roll my eyes and get up, only to be stopped by Sherlock grabbing my arm. "I'm - sorry. I just feel horrible." He mumbles. I nod in understanding and fill a glass with water, placing it infront of him. I also place an ibuprofen next to it which he takes immediately.

"Are you ok?" I ask him after a while. He looks up at me and laughs humorlessly. "Am I ok? Well, let's see shall we? I'm an addict. My best friend's wife died saving my life. My best friend also hates me. Everyone thinks I'm a murderer. I have no one and I never will. How does that sound?" He rants. I step back and hang my head. Why did I ask that? Stupid stupid stupid! "I'm sorry." I whisper. He scoffs and gets up, walking into his room and slamming the door.

I shake my head in disbelief and walk out of the flat, also slamming the door. I wave a taxi and arrive home in around 20 minutes. After a lecture from my mum about how she had no idea where I was (even though I'm an adult now) a knock sounds on our front door. I open it to see him. Sherlock. "Why are you here? How did you get here?" I gasp.
"I followed you. I'm sorry. I'm just in.... a really bad place. You have no idea how hard this is for me to tell you all this. I never tell anyone anything. They're normally just being extremely annoying. I'm just confused. So confused." He chokes out, covering his face with his hands.

I stare at him for a while before hugging him. He buries his head into my neck and breathes deeply, as if to calm himself. "Rachel who is this man?" My mother asks. I pull back and he mumbles something incoherently, his eyes glued to the floor. "Um this is Sherlock -"
"Holmes? The murderer?!" She gasps.
Sherlock's eyes dart up and he glares at my mother. "I'm. Not. A. Murderer." He grits out, his fists tightening. I place my hand over his and he calms down slightly. "Please come back. I need you." He begs quietly. I think first a while before turning to my mum and smiling meekly. "Mum, I think I'm gonna move in with Sherlock."