Chapter Eighteen

We speed extremely fast the whole way there and halfway through the journey the cops start to follow us. Mrs. Hudson ignores them and continues talking on the phone to someone. We also have a helicopter following us. We park - well crash really - at the front of a house identical to the other ones in the neighbourhood and a man in his late 30's wearing a suit walks out of the house with an older woman following.

We get out and a policeman hurries over to us. "Right, you there! Stop right where you are!" He commands.
"Oh John -" Mrs Hudson says.
"Mrs. Hudson!" The man - who I'm guessing is John Watson - exclaims.
"Do you have any idea what speed you were going at?" The police man scolds. "Well of course not, I was on the phone! Oh, it's for you by the way." Mrs. Hudson scoffs, handing the police man the phone before walking over to John. I giggle and follow her. "For me?" The police man frowns
"It's the government!" She calls.
"What's going on? What's wrong? Who's this?" John demands, glancing at me. I give him a small wave and tell him my name. "Yes but who ARE you?" He repeats.
"She lives with Sherlock! You have no idea what we've been through!" Mrs. Hudson cries, pulling John into a hug. 

Mrs. Hudson then continues to relay all the things that have have happened. Most of them even I don't know, so they must've happened when I was at work. "Did you call the police?" John asks, walking back into the house. "Of course I didn't call the police, I'm not a civilian." Mrs. Hudson protests.

"Culverton Smith. This I think is relevant from this morning. He's publicly accused Mr. Smith of being a serial killer." John's therapist states, looking at news articles on her laptop. "Christ. Sherlock on Twitter. He really has lost it." Josh sighs.
"Don't you dare make jokes. Don't you dare! I was terrified!" Mrs. Hudson cries. I comfort her and she leans her head against my shoulder. "You need to see him, John. You need to help him!" Mrs. Hudson exclaims.
"Nope." John snaps.
"He needs you!"
"Somebody else! Use Rachel! Not me. Not now." He refuses.
"He won't listen to her! Now you listen to me for once in your stupid life. I know Mary's dead and I know you're heart is broken. But if Sherlock Holmes dies too, who will you have then? Because I'll tell you something, John Watson. You will not have me!" She says. She then flounces out of the room and John turns to me.
"Hi." I say awkwardly. He smiles and says hi back before following Mrs. Hudson.