Chapter Three

Hey guys! So I'm sorry if this is confusing, but most of the book will be in Rachel's POV, unless there is a reason for it needing to be in 3rd person's POV (for example the first two chapters were because they were an introduction and Sherlock hadn't met Rachel then). Please do continue with this story though!

Saskia x

Rachel's POV

I freeze and awkwardly pat his back. Molly's face softens and she pulls him into a hug. "No no no I want Rachel." He whines like a toddler, struggling out of Molly's arms. She steps back, embarrassed and turns away as Sherlock turns back to me and hugs me close. "Ummmmmmmm...." I hum, feeling slightly uncomfortable. When I don't get a reply I mouth help to Molly who gently pulls him away. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" He yells, causing us to jump. Then he falls to the floor and tucks his head into his chest, pulling up his knees.

After an hour or so he still hasn't moved. "Well he can't just stay here." I murmur to Molly who nods in agreement. "You're right. But he gets so distressed when the boys pick him up. Maybe we should take him home?" Molly suggests. I give her a thumbs up and she shakes Sherlock slightly. "Sherlock? We're going to take you home, ok?" Molly says.
"Is Rachel coming?" He mumbles.
"I am." I reply.

He sighs and stands up, swaying slightly and almost face planting the floor. We catch him and slowly walk him to the door. He hangs his head as he shuffles towards the exit, muttering under his breath. We step outside and notice that it's raining. And Sherlock doesn't like that. He groans and pulls on my lab coat. "Can I have your coat?" He asks, tugging on it. Feeling pity for the man, I shrug it off and hold it over our heads.

Sherlock slides into the back of the taxi and pulls me in so I'm sitting next to him. He groans and lolls his head on my shoulder. "You smell like mango." He mumbles. I smile and he closes his eyes. When we arrive at 221B Baker Street we help him out and up the stairs. Mrs. Hudson flaps about us, asking question after question about him. Molly tells her everything when we are all on the flat and Mrs. Hudson smiles sadly. "Oh dear. Are you Rachel? He seems to have taken to you well!" She says to me. I nod and she claps her hands together, smiling wider.

We sit at the dining table and chat for a while, occasionally glancing at Sherlock in the armchair to check that he's ok. "Go away!" He groans after a while, pressing his hands to his ears. We frown but get up, understanding his need to be alone. "No not youuuuu!" He whines as I open the door. I turn to him and frown. "Sherlock I need to go back home to my -"
"Yes yes your parents I know. But please." He says. Mrs. Hudson pleads with me in her eyes and I sigh, rubbing my temples. "Fine." I huff, pulling my shoes back off.