Chapter Nineteen

"Are you not going to follow them?" The therapist asks, turning to me. "It might just be easier to stay here." I shrug. She nods in understanding and sits at the table with her laptop. "That woman's out of control! I asked for a cup of tea!" Sherlock yells. I block out his voice as he argues with Mrs. Hudson, shaking my head. He storms into the living room with an empty vase in his hand and drops it when he spots me. Sherlock relaxes slightly and strides over to me. "Rachel you're here. THANK GOD THERE'S ONE SANE PERSON PRESENT!" He breathes. I glare at him and his anger is replaced with worry and confusion. "You're mad? You're mad. What did I do?" He asks panickily. "You have quite an effect on him." John says, surprised. I shoot him a grin before turning to Sherlock, my eyes cold. "I don't appreciate being yelled at and disrespected because of my gender. I may be a woman but that does NOT mean that I should do all the household chores, and neither should Mrs. Hudson. Without us where would you be? You can barely cook for yourself! Men like you are p****s! You think that women are the weaker gender and that you are above us! May I remind you who bares the children? Who flew the first airplane? Who was the most successful ruler of England, hmmm? Frankly you don't respect me Sherlock and it HURTS." I rant. When I've finished everyone is staring at me with wide eyes. "I - I do respect you. I do. I'm so sorry. I need you Rachel please don't leave me again. Please. I didn't mean to shout. I care about you more than I have for anyone before and I've known you what, a week? I'll change. I'll try please just give me a chance." He begs, falling to his knees and clutching his handcuffed hands together. I look into his eyes that silently plead me and sigh.

"Say sorry to Mrs. Hudson and get up." I mumble. His face lights up and he jumps to his feet. He wraps his arms around me and nuzzles my neck, sighing happily. "I said say sorry to Mrs. Hudson." I snap. He removes his head and mumbles a sorry to her before replacing it again. Mrs. Hudson, John, and even the therapist are in shock. "Wow - I - never mind. Let's focus on the, uh, matter at hand." John breathes.