Chapter One

Daily News

Consulting detective Sherlock Holmes accused of assisting the murder of Mary Watson, after persons report witnessing him pushing the 32 year old woman infront of the gun. The 64 year old woman who fired the gun - Vivian Norbury - has been arrested. She insists that Sherlock was behind the murder and had pressured her to shoot the woman. Vivian states that -

Sherlock slams down the paper on the coffee table and sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. It's been three weeks since the death of his best friend John Watson's wife Mary and he hasn't heard anything from the man. He tried to make contact, only to be told by Molly that he didn't want to see him.

Sherlock pushes himself out of the armchair and enters the kitchen. His 'assistant' Bill is stood at the kitchen island, inspecting a bottle of bright blue liquid. Sherlock strolls over to him and pulls up the sleeve of his hoodie, pointing it towards Bill. "Sherlock you've already had -"
"I WANT MORE." Sherlock interrupts, glaring at Bill. Bill nods meekly and injects a needle into his arm.

"GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!" Sherlock yells before firing two more bullets at the wall and laughing. Bill peeks around the door of the kitchen and gawps at an eccentric Sherlock jumping about the room. Books are thrown askew and pillows discarded on the floor. Sherlock jumps onto an armchair and whips around, firing a bullet at the doorway frame above Bill. He runs out of the room and collides with Mrs. Hudson who yelps and drops the basket of laundry in her arms all over the floor.

"Bill!" She cries, before bending down to pick up the clothing. "He's gone. I thought he was mad before but no! He's nutty! He's had too much and that's coming from me! I'm leaving." Bill rambles, before charging down the stairs. A shocked Mrs. Hudson hesitantly pushes open the door to the flat and is faced with a messy but empty living room. She frowns and steps in, only to be frightened by Sherlock jumping out of the kitchen and bounding over to her.

He takes the laundry basket from her and slides it down the hallway to his room before pulling her into a hug. "Thank you!" He sings after he has pulled away. Mrs. Hudson stares at the man, worried and slightly scared by him. "That's quite alright dear. Are you ok?" She asks worriedly. He grins widely and nods his head fast before picking her up and spinning her around the room. She shrieks for him to put her down and, giggling, he does so. Mrs. Hudson quickly leaves the room and runs down the stairs.

"John? John oh I need your help! Sherlock -" Mrs. Hudson says hurriedly, before being met with a dead line. He hung up on her at the sound of Sherlock's name. She huffs and calls the only other person who could help her and Sherlock. Molly.