Chapter Twenty Two

John suddenly grabs Sherlocks arm and pulls up his sleeve. Sherlock groans and looks away. All up his arm are scars. Needle scars. "Yeah, well, they're real enough I suppose." John sighs.
"Why would I be faking?" Sherlock snaps, taking my hand and pulling me away from John. Before we can leave the room John speaks again. "Because you're a liar. You lie all the time, it's like your mission."
"I have been many thing, John, but when have I ever been malingerer?" Sherlock questions, his voice raising and his hands beginning to shake.

"YOU PRETENDED TO BE DEAD FOR TWO YEARS!" John yells.
"Apart from that." Sherlock shrugs. eyes widen and my hand slips away from Sherlock's. "Oh you haven't told her? Have you told her ANYTHING?" John cries.
"Leave her out of this." Sherlock growls.
"Why didn't you tell me?" I whisper. He looks down at me and says nothing. Nothing. "Listen, before I do anything, I need to know what state you're in." John demands.
"Well, you're a doctor. Examine me." Sherlock shouts, sitting down. "No, I need a second opinion." John refuses.
"John, calm down. When he you ever managed two opinions? You'd fall over." Sherlock sighs.
"Rachel! Rachel examine him!" John orders. "Don't tell her what to do." Sherlock snaps, suddenly extremely protective. "Fine. I need the one person who, unlike me, learnt to see through your bulls*** a long time ago." John says.
"Who's that? I'm sure I would've noticed." Sherlock asks.
"The last person you'd think of. I want you to be examined by Molly Hooper. Do you hear me? I said Molly Hooper." John declares, grabbing his phone. "You're really not gonna like this." Sherlock groans. I frown and as does John. "Like what?" John utters. Suddenly the door bell rings.

John inhales deeply and strides over to the front door. "If you'd like to know how I predict the future -" Sherlock sings, skipping towards the door with me in tow. "No, I don't care how." John snaps.
"Ok. Fully equipped ambulance. Molly can examine me on the way to save time. Firstly give me a second to talk to Rachel." Sherlock says. Molly glares at me and I glare back. I'm not on the mood for her s*** today.

Me and Sherlock step outside and he turns to me. "So you think we're just friends?" He says in a clipped tone. "Molly said you don't do relationships." I mutter. His gaze hardens and his jaw clenches. "I would rather you don't believe everything Molly tells you. Just because I haven't BEEN in a relationship doesn't mean I don't DO them." He snarls.
"So what are you trying to say Sherlock? Because frankly I'm really confused! John's going on about how you haven't told me anything, Molly gets mad whenever I even MENTION you and me, and Mrs. Hudson has a really nice car! What's THAT about?" I rant. He chuckles and shakes his head. "Really? Out of everything your confused about her CAR?" He grins. I glare at him and his laughing stops. "I'll explain later. Right now we need to get to the hospital. But if anyone asks, yes, we are together. You are my girlfriend and I am you're boyfriend. Now let's go." He says, kissing my head and pulling me towards the ambulance.