Hold On Tight - Gabriel

---
Word count: 746
---

Gabriel

I grip the rails of the gurney tight, brusing my fingers and I can feel the restraints digging into my wrists and ankles. It feels like my circulation is going to be cut off soon.

I focus my eyes and narrow them angrily, glaring at the doctors just opposite to me who have their backs turned.

I can't contain my anger anymore. "You're assholes." I spit. And they turn around immediatly.

"Stop clencing your jaw. You're getting yourself just uptight, Gabriel." One snaps at me. "Want me to give him something to relax him?" The other one asks.

"Yeah, that'd be great, Jackie. Thanks."

"Alright then."

"You can't do this." I hiss.

"We can, Gabriel. Under the public health act's current orders, anyone infected does not have the right to refuse treatment and must be seperated from the general public."  Responds the one who just told Jackie what to do.

"This isn't treatment. You've got me restrained to a bed and aren't doing anything." I snap back.

"But we could be led to develop a treatment."

"What, you think you can make a cure?"

"Yes."

"News flash, everyone who got sick has died-"

"Everyone, but you. Your test showed you we're exposed to the virus days ago. But we don't know how you we're exposed, and you haven't been bitten."

"S-so, what are you saying?"

"You're not dying. Well, not yet anyway. You are showing the starting signs of sickness though."

"You're going to use me to make a cure. Test on me."

"Yep." The doctor responds then I see his colleague has prepped needle.

"I don't consent to testing, I want an attorney."

"The dead can't request anything nor refuse testing."

"Umm, yes they can as long as those wishes are recorded. And I'm still breathing too, jackass."

They both laugh at me and I back a small scream as I feel the other doctor push the needle into my IV.

They're going to test on me and there's nothing I can do about it. She steps back and they both turn around to face their work station again when I hear the phone on the wall ring. The one who injected me answers.

"Hello? Yes, okay. I'll send two tests up. Sure, thanks for notifying us. I'll organize them."

And then she hangs up. The other one opens the door for her while she carries a bag marked 'Tests' she's just gathered up.

"Thanks, Matt." She smiles.

"You can't leave!" I cry out.

"Oh, go to sleep." Hisses the dude and he switches the light off, pulling the door closed behind him.

They're both gone, leaving me alone. I feel myself start to panic, trying to stay calm. A while later they come back and I haven't drifted off yet.

They're talking. "One more positive, and the other was negative." She says.

"I suppose that's good. Would be bad if one of our own we're sick. Though, this means now we'll be adding another infected to our list, but she'll be a pain in the ass."

"It's my girlfriend, Payton isn't it?" I speak up. They turn to look at me. "Seriously? You're still awake? Okay, that's it." He snaps, immediately pulling a IV bag from a small fridge and brings it over.

The other picks up a breathing mask. "Alright, let's bring this one's surgery up." He says and I start to struggle as he hangs it up, connecting it and she places the mask over my face.

"Stop, stop!" I tell them. "I don't want this. You're not going to slice me open for a cure. You have to leave me alone and let me die."

"Oh, you'll die alright. It just won't be from what you have." He smirks and then I feel cold liquid start to seep into my veins. Everything begins to blur and it's really hard to hold on to anything. I vaguely hear the phone ring.

She answers it. "Hello? Oh, you're bringing her down? Okay, we'll be waiting." Then she hangs up.

"They're bringing down the other one now?" He asks.

"Yes. They've just explained to her what's going to happen. Let's get ready. We'll do the same to her. We can do her at the same time." She responds, then I feel the room turn dark. All I can hear now is the fan in the roof going around and I feel really hot and sweaty all of a sudden.