Part 6

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Later that night on my way to the bathroom, I cracked Luna's door open and caught a glimpse of her cozily tucked inside her blanket, sleeping calmly.

Oh that poor, young thing.

Despite my best intentions, I couldn't confront Kathleen face to face or even console Luna for any such act on my part may raise suspicion and I may lose my very chance of being closer to Luna.

For now, I shall just go with the flow...

One week later:-

"Kathleen?"

I cry from the bathroom.

She comes running inside. "What?"

"I think you threw this by mistake."

I say holding out her box of contraceptive pills which I pulled out from the trash can.

"Um.. no... I know I threw it."

She replies in a matter of factly way and walks back into the room.

I open the box and realize it was still new and unused.

"But.. you haven't even taken one of them..."

She ignores my question and sits back on her chair.

I glare at her stoic, still holding out the box at her.

After a while, she twists in her chair, facing me and says,

"I want to be pregnant again Paul."

On her finishing the statement, the box slips out of my hand and falls on the ground.

She what?

"You what?"

She licks her lips and sighs-

"You know that after a certain age, a woman cannot conceive and before I reach that age, I want to be a mother again... I want to have another child.."

I clear my throat nervously unsure what to say.

"Paul do you understand what I am talking about?"

She asks.

"Well...", I begin confidently, but lose all the confidence within a split second.

She gets up from her chair and comes, stands right before me.

"I want to have a baby with you. I want to have a child whom I can actually love and really care for..."

Wait, what is that suppose to mean?

She continues. "I know we haven't done the deed in a while but I know I can trust you, right?"