A few more minutes please

It was almost midnight when we returned home. Celeste had called to ask if we wanted a car but we refused and booked uber hours later. Dexter showed me around the town. We just roamed around the streets and bought lots of cotton candies and stuff toys which I didn't even need. Dexter would check on me every now and then ask if I was okay and if I wanted something to which I always replied no. I wasn't used to people caring for me that much.

" Can we go out again?" He asked as we reached my room. I turned around and said,

" Sure."

" Tomorrow?"

" Patience, babe. You don't want to seem overeager. " I smirked.

" Right, that's why I said tomorrow. I want to see you again tonight. I'm willing to wait tonight and the morning of tomorrow. " His tone was dead serious.

I rolled my eyes.

" I'm serious." He stated.

" Good night, Dexter." I turned around to enter my room when he grasped my hand and turned me around. My head collided with his chest.

He place a soft kiss in my the nape of my neck as he wrapped his hands around my back.

" Dexter, someone will catch us." I whispered trying to free myself from his grip but he tightened the hug as he placed his head on my shoulder.

" Shh. I feel good here." He whispered in my neck. I gave up on pushing him away and instead closed my eyes and hugged him back.
After about half a minute I said.

" We should sl-"

" A few more minutes please." His tone was hoarse like he was tired and hadn't slept in days. It felt like he was the wanderer who  had been on a journey for years and finally found his home.

We stayed like that for several minutes, hugging one another while standing in the dark hallway.

He finally pulled away. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. We both waited for someone to bid goodnight but neither of us said it.

" Do you get scared in your room when you're alone?" He asked.

" No. Do you?" I asked.

" Sometimes."

Silence passed between us.

" Will you get scared tonight?" I asked.

" Yeah." He mumbled.

" Do you...do you want me to sleep with you tonight?" I don't know where the confidence came from.

" Now denying favours to a pretty lady is out of my mannerism. " He grinned and dramatically rolled his eyes.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

" come' on ." He grabbed my hand and practically dragged me in his room.

I was so lost in the thought of sharing a bed with him that I didn't grab my pyjamas.

Get ready to sleep in jeans, Sylvia!

"Make yourself at home." He chuckled and went to the bathroom.