Just a small mother and daughter moment

I woke up to the sound of the alarm vibrating on my bedside. Extending my hand I switched it off and slowly and gradually sat upright against the bed. My head throbbed. The medicines I took last night were varying off. Maybe I should talk to Dexter and make an appointment with Dr Clythia.
After taking a long and relaxing shower, I put on my sweat pants and a shirt and climbed downstairs for breakfast.
I looked at all the decorations with an awe. I decided to see the aisle and sitting arrangement after breakfast. Approaching the dining hall I found food arranged on the table but no one in sight. Only maids bustled everywhere in hurry as Granny assigned them works. Today is her granddaughter's wedding after all.
" Morning, Granny." I greeted as I poured myself hot tea.
" Morni-" she bustled out as a maid called her.
Few minutes later she walked back in with a bag in her hand.
" Sylvia, sweetheart please do me a favour and take this makeup to Celeste's room. The make up artist just arrived and other bridesmaids as well. Get ready and tell them to do the same. "
" Sure." I took the bag from her and began to climb the stairs to Celeste's room.
Upon opening the door I gasped at the view in front of me. To say Celeste's room was a mess would be an under statement. I couldn't see a single space where Celeste's things weren't scattered. From her makeup to her clothes to her shoes, accessories, books and what not.
" We had the same expression. Come on join us, don't be shy." One of the bridesmaid , I believe Sara squealed.
" Uh, there's no space to walk through." I pointed at the mess.
" Just make your way." Celeste said as she walked out of the bathroom.
Very painfully I stepped in and closed the door behind. The make up artist was already sitting in the dressing room. A middle- heightened young man with blonde hair and a pierced lip and one earlobe.
He took the bag from my hand and began to do the wonders on Celeste while the girls who came with him proceeded to make our hairstyles.
After hours and hours of sitting in the same position while our backs got strained, we were finally done.
Turned out instead of having two bridesmaid Celeste was having four!
Although the  make up and hairstyles of all the bridesmaid were same, but I decided to go with an even lighter make up.  Celeste had a bun with a few strands of hair loose on her face while the bridesmaid had their hair open with loose curls at the ends.
Suddenly the bathroom door opened and Celeste walked out. I had to cover my mouth with my hand to hide the emotion I felt at that time. We all stared at her in awe.
" How..do...-" She choked as tears wobbled in her eyes.
" Shh dot cry." We walked to her and gave her a hug.
" You look beautiful." I stated and kissed her hand.
" Thank you. You too." We chuckled as we hadn't even put on our dresses.
A light shade of pink, almost like tea rose. Sleeveless fitted dress which went down till our ankles. As I scanned myself in mirror I realised I looked pretty. All the paleness and eye bags gone.  A different version of myself stared back.  The version my mom so wanted me to be all these  years. The make up could change you so much, conceal so manny hidden truths about you. But this time I didn't disapprove the fake version standing in front of me because I knew I was now an even different version in my heart and soul. My true self that I found while escaping to different places. The Sylvia that found Dexter and now is incomplete without him.
...
I walked to the backyard. I gasped at the decoration. It was a combination of  rustic and romantic theme. Fresh flowers decorated the entire sitting area and the aisle. Tables and chairs were scattered on either side of aisle in rows and columns. Our dresses were mixed and matched with the pastel colour vintage look.  A waiter passed by carrying a tray of drinks. He offered me one and I took it. Taking a sip an exiting chill went down my spine.
The guests had already been seated and now waiting for the bride to arrive. I smiled at them.
" Oh my God, Syvlia you look amazing."
" Thanks, Mom. You look good yourself." I smiled.
Mom sighed and took took a step closer to me.
" Look, honey I know we've not been close to one another. All your life I wanted you to be someone you are not. And I know you tried. Believe me I know and I'm extremely sorry for that."
I shook my head.
" No mom you just wanted to protect me."
" You proved me wrong. I thought if I'll let you out alone for long, someone will hurt you. You'll be snatched from me...just like him. " she referred to my brother, " But by leaving the house you proved your boldness, confident and that you can protect yourself. I'm glad you, for the first time in your life  did what you wanted to do." She rubbed away the tear that slid down her cheek.
" Mom." I wrapped my arms around her waist and hugged her. She kissed my forehead.
" Ah what an image." Dad echoed from behind.
I turned around.
" Just a small mother and daughter moment. " Mom and I chuckled.
" I'm glad." Dad smiled.
" Dad you look great. " I tried to lighten the mood.
" How could he not, after all I was the fashion designer." Mom dramatically rolled her eyes.
We chuckled.
" It's time." Suddenly Dexter appeared. He was wearing a grey tuxedo with a tea rose tie, matching with the bridesmaid's dresses as he was the best man of Sebastien.
" Oh I'm coming." Dad walked inside while mom became engulfed in a conversation with a lady who commented on the dress theme.
" You look beautiful." Dexter remarked .
" You look good yourself." I smiled.
" There's something I need to tell you." The way he said it I felt a nervous breakdown.
" I'm listening."
" No not now. After the party in the great hall in basement."
" What's going on?" I raised my eyebrow.
" You'll see." He crookedly smiled.
Before I could say anything more, everyone rose from their seats. I turned around and saw Celeste walking down the aisle with her one hand entangled in dad's arm. To say I was surprised would be an understatement. I had no clue Celeste takes dad in place of her father.
My heart melted at the image and as soon as I looked at mom patting crying Granny,I couldn't control my tears. 
Finally Sebastien offered Celeste his hand and pulled her up. The priest asked everyone to settle down.
The ceremony began.
" Now I shall pronounce you as husband and wife. You may-" 
Celeste didn't even wait for the priest to finish and kissed Sebastien.
" ...kiss the bride." The priest finished and everyone clapped and hooted.
...
I examined the moon as it brightly hung in the night.  I took a sip from the glass of wine. I shouldn't be drinking but a little won't hurt, right?  Suddenly  I felt a presencebeside me.
Celeste.
" Hello bride."
" Hi." She had changed out of her gown and was wearing simple light blue knee length dress.
" Wassup? You left the entire party and standing here? " I asked.
" Sylvia?" She was looking at the moon now.
" Yeah?"
"  We had no one except for each other after mom and dad left us. " she paused and then continued,
" He made sure everything was available for us. He not even once made me feel like my parents have died. As for himself...he never showed, never expressed. I knew deep down that he was sad too, he missed them badly but never wanted us to know. "
I wasn't sure why she was telling me all this. Nevertheless I nodded.
" I'm telling you all this because now I see him healing. I see him smile and laugh often. It's only because of you. Thank you Sylvia. "
" I'm glad I could help."
" There's no pressure on you but...he really loves you." She stated.
I stared at her. She nodded and squeezed my hand.
" I know." I whispered.
" Ladies and Gentlemen!" Sebastien shouted in mic behind us.
We turned around and Celeste groaned.
" Told him not to sing for me in public." She whispered.
I giggled.
" The song that I'm going to sing tonight is dedicated to that beautiful lady standing there. Yes my wife." Everyone hooted. I roamed my eyes around but I couldn't spot Dexter.
"Clock strikes upon the hour
And the sun begins to fade
Still enough time to figure out
How to chase my blues away
I've done alright up 'til now
It's the light of day that shows me how
And when the night falls
Loneliness calls"
We all swayed with the song and Celeste had gone pink by now.
" Oh! I wanna dance with somebody
I wanna feel the heat with somebody
Yeah! I wanna dance with somebody
With somebody who loves me
Oh! I wanna dance with somebody
I wanna feel the heat with somebody
Yeah! I wanna dance with somebody
With somebody who loves me,"
"I'm in love and lost my senses
Spinning through the town
Sooner or later, the fever ...
Oh! I wanna dance with somebody
I wanna feel the heat with somebody
Yeah! I wanna dance with somebody
With somebody who loves me"
He ended the song with a lot of claps and hoots.
He walked towards us and in his husky voice asked,
" May I take you for a dance, Mrs Sebastien?"
" I'd like that very much, Mr Sebastian." She put her hand in his and they began to dance on a song along with other couples.
How much I wished Dexter would pop out of somewhere but he didn't.
...
" I'll miss you honey, come back soon." Granny kissed Celeste.
" I'll miss you too." She quickly hugged and kissed everyone.
Limousine was waiting outside to take the newly wed couple to the private jet from where they'd be going to paris.
Sebastien was becoming impatient.
" Calm down, Seb. She'll be all yours after tonight. " I smirked and everyone chuckled.
Celeste walked towards me and while hugging me she whispered,
" Sorry I couldn't be  part of it but I promise I'll make it up to you." She smiled and I looked at her confusingly.
She smirked and waved me as they both sat in the car and wheeled off.
Did I tell you the bouquet that she threw once again fell in my lap?