The Wedding!

As soon as the marriage officiant said that, he shifted to his right and pointed his hand towards an obsidian slab and said, "The bride and the groom may come forward to perform the blood ritual."

There was a huge obsidian slab in front of the holy spirit of the God of War. The slab had a carving of two small circles on either side that connects to one big circle in the middle. It was a very simple carving without any complex detailing.

The Third Prince and his bride took a step forward to the obsidian slab. Rydon took out a dagger from his scabbard and made a cut on his left-hand palm. He then placed his left hand on top of a small circle carving in the obsidian slab, letting exactly three blood drops fall on the circle.

At the same time, General Damian pulled a dagger from his scabbard and gave it to his sister. She took the dagger from him and made a cut on her left-hand palm and let three blood drops fall on the other circle.

After both of them let the blood drop on their respective circles, Rydon stretched his left hand towards his bride and General Damian took the bride's left hand and placed it on the Third Prince's hand so that the cut on their palms come in contact. General Damian took a golden piece of cloth and tied it around their hands and secured it.

After a minute of their blood being dropped on the small circle, the obsidian slab started to glow, the bright sky immediately darkened and there was a sudden thunder.

The thunder rumbled for a whole minute and the glow from the obsidian slab was bright enough for the people around to cover their eyes from the blinding light. Only ones who were not affected by the blinding light were the Third Prince and his bride. Though they were not affected by the blinding light, they were not able to see the obsidian slab.

After a minute, the sky returned to being bright and the obsidian slab stopped glowing. What was once blood drops were now a crimson red ball. The two crimson red balls slowly rolled from the small circles that were on either side of the obsidian slab, to the big circle in the middle of the obsidian slab.

The crimson balls rolled at the same speed and collided in the middle of the big circle. The balls were spinning together for a very long time until the balls were reduced to ashes from spinning. During the entire process of spinning, the balls remained in contact.

Once the balls were reduced to ashes, the Third Prince and his bride stepped back. The marriage officiant stepped forward to once again stand in front of the statue with his back facing the statue and removed the golden piece of cloth that was tied around their hands.

Once removed, both the Third Prince and his bride showed their hands to the marriage officiant. The marriage officiant saw that their cut has been completely healed and only traces of blood remained on their palms.

He then said, "The blood ritual performed by the third-born son of His Majesty, His Highness Rydon, and the seventh-born daughter of Minister Marco, Lady..." He suddenly paused, remembering that he never had asked for the bride's name and no one had mentioned it to him. He was sweating profusely since this is his first time to act as a marriage officiant without knowing the bride's name.

He then asked in a low voice, so that only the Third Prince, General Damian and his sister can hear, "What is your name, My Lady?"

General Damian's sister answered in a low voice so that only those three men around her can hear her, "Selena!"

The marriage officiant, after hearing the bride's name, straightened his back and repeated his previous incomplete pronouncement, "The blood ritual performed by the third-born son of His Majesty, His Highness Rydon, and the seventh-born daughter of Minister Marco, Lady Selena has been accepted and blessed by the God of War. They are now bound by the blood ritual and have joined together in holy wedlock. Since the God of War has witnessed their marriage and has blessed them, I now pronounce them as husband and wife and shall hereafter be referred to as His Highness Rydon and Her Highness Selena. Your Highnesses may now pay your respects to the God of War for witnessing your marriage." After making the pronouncement, the marriage officiant stepped to the side at once.

Rydon pushed the robe on his side a little and kneeled with a thud, placed his right-hand fist on his heart and bowed. At the same time, Selena lifted her wedding dress a little and kneeled with a small thud, though not as loud as Rydon, placed her right-hand fist on her heart and bowed.

Rydon was astonished when he noticed that she had knelt and paid respects the same way as him.

Everyone who witnessed this wedding from the beginning was astounded repeatedly. This was one of a kind wedding, where one too many miracles took place.

Firstly, the bride choosing the God of War to be a witness was unheard of. Secondly, the bride who should have been led by the bride's father was led by the bride's brother.

Since no one has ever witnessed a marriage in front of the God of War, everything from the obsidian slab to the glow from the obsidian slab to the rumbling of the thunder to the blood drops that turned into the crimson red balls to the balls reduced to ashes was unprecedented.

Then, the cut on their palms was completely healed, which implies God's blessings to the couple. At most, the couples were left with a scar on their palms whereas for some unlucky couples, the cut never healed and blood kept flowing when the cloth was removed.

The way the bride paid her respects to the God of War was the most astounding. No one kneels and pays respect in that manner other than the warriors. Other than warriors, everyone else pays respect either by kneeling on both their knees and bowing or by bowing while standing. Noblewomen stand and bow to pay respects while maids kneel on both their knees and bow to pay respect.

Whereas she, a noblewoman, knelt on one knee, with a thud sound, placed her right-hand fist on her heart and bowed. Every single person present in the wedding venue were left speechless, including the marriage officiant.

When everyone was left speechless, General Damian who had been standing behind Selena the entire time, had a proud smile etched on his face.

Rydon, out of the corner of his eyes, saw the proud smile on General Damian's face and smirked. He then stood up and turned around to face General Damian, and asked in a low voice so that only he and Selena can hear, "Inclined to explain?"

What do you guys think about Selena, Rydon's wife? What kind of person is Selena? Comment here and we'll discuss.

If you want to appreciate this chapter/novel, consider voting. It's free to vote ⭐️ and every single vote of yours will help the other readers in finding this novel. If you enjoy this novel, let the others enjoy it too 😉!

Thank you for reading everyone!!! 😊😊😊