Wedding Procession

There are five gods, namely, God of Nature, God of Peace, God of Salubrity, God of Wealth and God of War. Each God has a holy spirit to uphold their responsibilities and duties.

Since history has been long forgotten over time, no one is knowledgeable about the Gods, except very few people, and they obliviously pray to the five Gods' holy spirits over centuries.

Holy Spirit of God of Nature is a dragon. Holy Spirit of God of Peace is a sequoia tree. God of Nature and God of Peace shrines are in sequoia groves. Holy Spirit of God of Salubrity is a staff with a ring of leaves and its shrines are in farms. Holy Spirit of God of Wealth is an obsidian spear and its shrines are in crude lands. Holy Spirit of God of War is a cross sword and its shrines are in war bases.

People are at liberty to pray to any god, and they need not be devoted to any particular god.

In a wedding, the couple has to choose a god to witness their marriage. The bride and the groom are asked of their choice individually, and they often choose different gods. When the bride and the groom have different choices, in an attempt to bring peace, they have to marry in the presence of the God of Peace. This has been a common rule in all the kingdoms.

The marriage officiant is astounded to hear the bride's choice. It has been unheard of a bride choosing the God of War to witness her marriage. Soon gathering himself, he nods at the bride and turns around on his horse and leads the procession towards the entrance of the sequoia grove, where the Third Prince is waiting.

Since the bride and the groom have often chosen different gods, the groom waits for the bride at the entrance of the sequoia groves, so that when the bride's procession arrives, they can enter the sequoia grove together towards the God of Peace.

They left the grounds of the manor, and that's when Minister Marco came out of his trance. Though he despises her, he can't refrain from going to the wedding. If he doesn't attend the wedding, it'll imply disrespect to the decree and the Third Prince. He had to go to save his face and his reputation. He mounted his horse and followed the sedan chair unwillingly.

The procession took an hour since the sedan chair was carried by men.

The bride and the groom are to enter the shrine together, so the Third Prince, Rydon, had been waiting at the entrance of the sequoia grove. It had just been 10 minutes since he arrived at the entrance, and the bride's procession was already in sight.

The marriage officiant immediately rushed on his horse towards the Third Prince and asked when he was a few feet away from him, "Greetings, Your Highness. Which God would you want to be a witness to your marriage?"

Rydon answered with a straight face and a stern tone, "God of War."

The marriage officiant nodded and said, "Understood, Your Highness." It was not surprising as many grooms had previously chosen God of War, but unfortunately, none of them was able to have the God of War as a witness to their marriage. He then said with a smile, "Your Highness, we will have to move to the nearest war base for the wedding."

Everyone who heard the marriage officiant gasped and whispered loudly, both from the Third Prince's cavalcade and the bride's procession.

Advisor Jacob was no exception. Rydon remained unfazed on the outside while he was quite astonished when he heard it.

On the other hand, when Damian and his sister heard the marriage officiant, they had a light smile on their faces.

Advisor Jacob, gathering himself, said to the marriage officiant, "The nearest war base is 15 minutes from here on a horse. With the bride's procession, we should be able to reach in an hour."