Useless Princes

Year 843, Ichitsu 16th

Palace of the Third Prince, Ryūthor Kingdom

Later in the night, General Neil and General Damian almost arrived at the same time at the Palace Gate around 8 PM.

Once they arrived, the cavalcade set out towards the war base at once. The cavalcade comprised the Third Prince, Advisor Jacob, General Neil, General Damian and a few aides of the Third Prince carrying food rations to restock the war base.

It usually takes 8 hours to travel on horses at full speed, without any rest, from the war base to the Third Prince's Palace. Since they were carrying food rations in carts, the cavalcade took 10 hours to reach the war base. The cavalcade reached the war base the next day around 6 AM.

The Third Prince decided to deploy three Great Generals, including himself, of the Six Great Generals of the Ryūthor Kingdom in this battle. He then explained the strategy of the battle, to the two Great Generals and all the Generals, and discussed on each of their positions and roles in the battle in detail, for the rest of the day.

The battle took place the next day and spanned for a total of three days.

The three Great Generals and all the Generals watched the reactions of the armies of Hebista for another three days while staying on guard.

Once the armies of Hebista started retreating away from the borders, the Great Generals and a few Generals left the war base, the next day, and returned to the Capital.

Year 843, Ichitsu 24th

Palace of the Third Prince, Ryūthor Kingdom

The Third Prince reached his Palace late in the evening. He went straight to his dining table to have dinner. Advisor Jacob had already informed the Palace of their return, so the dinner had already been prepared.

Violet and Hazel came downstairs and greeted the Third Prince and Advisor Jacob. Something that they learnt from the Head Maid in the Royal Palace. They were wearing the kind of clothes that every concubine is to wear in the Kingdom. They wore little to no ornaments as they have never worn them before and have never coveted them.

Advisor Jacob glanced them up with a smile, whereas the Third Prince just nodded slightly.

After dinner, Advisor Jacob took leave and left the Palace. The Third Prince looked at Violet and Hazel as he said, "Go sleep early tonight."

Violet and Hazel hesitated, and the Third Prince noticed it. He then asked, "What is it?"

"Master, we are ready," said Violet shyly as Hazel just nodded.

The Third Prince thought for a while and then said with a smirk, "Not today. Some other day, I will come to your room myself."

He then left for his room, had a bath and slept soundly.

Violet and Hazel went to their room and slept.

Next day, the Third Prince woke up late from all the tiredness from being in the war and travel. He went to the lawn and laid down on his back with his hands under his head, after having breakfast. He was looking at the sky for a while and then closed his eyes to listen to the peaceful sounds of the breeze and birds.

After about half an hour, Advisor Jacob came almost running to the lawn. The Third Prince asked, "What is it now?" with his eyes still closed as he listened to the approaching footsteps.

"Your Highness, the First Prince and the Second Prince are losing their battles. They are not able to hold off the borders. At this rate, they might invade our kingdom," said Advisor Jacob, panting.