Ceremonial Feast

"No, Brother," said General Damian in a low voice, with a smile, so that only Rydon and Selena can hear.

Rydon smirked and turned towards the exit and started walking. General Damian and Selena walked behind him. Rydon said to Advisor Jacob, who was walking beside him, "We shall go back to the Palace now."

Advisor Jacob replied, "Yes, Your Highness," and brought Rydon's horse forward for Rydon to mount.

Once he brought the Third Prince's horse forward, he turned to General Damian and said, "General Damian, please escort Her Highness to the Palace in the sedan chair."

General Damian nodded and Advisor Jacob turned back to mount his horse.

Rydon and Advisor Jacob led the cavalcade. General Damian was riding the horse beside the sedan chair while Selena was sitting inside the sedan chair.

Since the Third Prince's Palace is far from this war base, it would take about three hours on a horse, but with the bride carried in a sedan chair, it would take about 5 hours.

After about an hour, the servants took out some fruits from the cart to give it to the four princesses. Since the warriors have been used to wars, they can last without food for an entire day at ease. As for the princesses who were accompanying them, they were used to having their meals on time. The servants had brought fruits with them so that the princesses can have some fruits on the way to the Palace.

There were more than enough fruits in the cart for the four princesses, so Alaina, the first sister, let the maids have some fruits as well. The servants refused to have any as none of the warriors was eating. Some fruits were sent to the sedan chair by the second sister, Yana, so that the bride can have some fruits since she has been fasting from the morning. The third sister, Liana, offered an apple to their younger brother Nairon, the Sixth Prince, but he rejected to have the apple.

Nairon was younger than the three sisters, and the fourth sister Ariana was younger than him. Rydon was the eldest of them all.

When a maid came to the sedan chair carrying some fruits, General Damian asked, "What is it?"

The maid answered, "Princess Yana sent some fruits for the Third Princess."

Princesses are not addressed by their chronological status, so they are all addressed by their name along with the title of the princess. Whereas the wives of the Princes are addressed with the title of princess, along with the chronological status of the prince.

General Damian nodded and turned to lift the curtain of the sedan chair and asked Selena, "Sister, have some fruits. It is going to take a long time to reach the Palace."

Selena shook her head and said, "I am fine, Brother. Give the fruits to the maids." She then turned to look at the maid who was carrying the fruits and said, "Thank Princess Yana for me, let her know that I shall break the fast along with His Highness."

The maid nodded and gave the fruits to another maid that was behind the sedan chair and went back to the princesses' cart to report the same.

When the princesses heard the maid's report, they were astonished and were elated at this gesture.

After the maid returned to the princesses' cart, General Damian asked in a low voice, "Do you want to sleep?"

Selena nodded and sat straight as she closed her eyes. Her breathing became slow and steady.

Palace of the Third Prince, Ryūthor Kingdom

By the time the cavalcade reached the Palace, the time was 7 PM.