26

In the year 2023, JM embarked on his world tour, consisting of approximately 42 concerts spanning several months. The tour commenced in Seoul, South Korea, where tickets sold out within a remarkable 10 minutes, reaching over a million globally.

As the days passed, filled with continuous concert performances, relentless practice sessions, and constant travel by planes and cars, JM found himself approaching the culmination of his tour. The third-to-last concert took place in Manila, Philippines, generating immense excitement. The tour's grand finale was scheduled at the Japan National Stadium, marking JM as the first solo artist to perform at this prestigious venue and the third solo artist to undertake a world tour, following Rain and GD.

Upon arriving at the Manila airport, JM was greeted by enthusiastic fans, prompting guards to create a space for him. Adorned in airport fashion, wearing a mask and cap, he acknowledged the fans with waves as he swiftly made his way to the hotel. Once there, he engaged in a rigorous practice session in preparation for the upcoming concert.

After a full day of practice, JM returned to his hotel and commenced a Vlive session, eagerly anticipated by his Filipino fans.

"Hello everyone~," he greeted in English after a brief pause. "For those who don't know, I'm here at the hotel in Manila, Philippines," he announced, briefly showcasing the city through the window before closing it. "To my Filipino fans, let's enjoy the concert tomorrow, okay?" he continued in English. "I've learned some Filipino words which I'll share tomorrow. I won't talk much now; it's just a short Vlive. Hello to my Filipino ML. Let's enjoy tomorrow, okay? We'll talk more tomorrow."

JM teased about an upcoming welcoming video for the concert and expressed his excitement to meet his Filipino fans. Concluding the session, he thanked fans for letters and gifts, signing off with a friendly "See you tomorrow" and a promise to share more the next day.

Subsequently, JM took a moment to enjoy the view of Manila and captured it in a photograph with the assistance of his manager. His dinner for the night was kept light, and his schedule underwent a change, extending his stay in Manila for six days. The first day involved practice, followed by the concert, a fan sign event the next day, and a three-day vacation in a mountainous location in the Philippines. The specific destination was kept under wraps, creating anticipation among fans. JM concluded the day by resting, ensuring he would have ample energy for the upcoming concert night.

...

It was morning, and here was JM's Welcoming Concert video.

"Hello Filipino MLs!~ Just me, JM. I hope we can enjoy the concert, right? Let's have some fun with me. This is my first time here in the Philippines, and this is my first concert here to see my Filipino fans. Kita tayo mamaya~ Diba? Oo naman~.. Ok~ I hope you will like the concert. ML.. see you soon~ Mahal ko kayo!" he said and gave a flying kiss with a wink. "Just me! Chan Jung Min. Bye!" he said and finished.

As they watched that on the billboard outside the Philippine Arena, they screamed.

"What's that?" JM asked as they were practicing.

"Don't know," Yeonmo said.

"The welcoming video was watched on the screen billboard outside," Mr. Lee, the manager, said.

"Really? Wow, the concert didn't start yet though," Mr. Lee, the choreographer, said.

"Wow, so it was true that Filipinos are this cheerful," Yuho said.

"Ok, let's practice then!~" JM said, getting excited.

While the fans outside were waiting, they would eat fully and rest for the big concert. They were all excited, though. The expected attendance for the concert was about 55,000 or more. Even celebrities had bought tickets for the concert, with prices ranging from thousands to hundreds of thousands depending on the ticket type. Many fans also had the official lightstick.