Chapter 25: Beginning Again

A/N: SAME NOTE AS LAST TIME :))

Dearest grasshopper, (rollercoaster03),

 FINALLY!

with caravans of love,

from,

me. 

Chapter Twenty-five

Catherine

I keep a firm grip on his hand at all times, not ready to let him go yet. You can change the colour of his hair, give him a neck tattoo, whatever- I wouldn't care less, it wouldn't matter to me. All I ask for is him.

And I've got what I asked for.

Now the question and only question for me is: How do we get out of here?

But these guys seem to think finding out Aunt Marge's heritage is of some great important- and it probably is, if we get a chance to go back and meet her.

But because I'm outnumbered, I keep my head down and squeeze Peter hand, which is interlaced in mine and continue 'flying' back to his house after our little fieldtrip.

When we land on the landing, Peter holds me back and motions for Sean to go ahead. We wait for him to shut the door and then Peter turns to me.

"You sure you want to figure out about Marge?" I sigh. No. No, I don't.

"You were here for more than two years- why didn't you figure it out all this time?"

He gulps and runs his hand through his hair, looking away. Then he bits his lip and looks down.

"Peter?" I ask carefully.

"I was lost." He says, finally looking up, his words heavy, as if he was holding back tears. "I was lost without you, Cat."

I frown at the truth in his words. It was the same for me at first.

"Remember that night before the battle? On the rock?" He asks.

"Yeah." I reply softly.

"When I said I wouldn't know what I'd do without you- I meant it. I-" His voice cracks as he continues biting his lower lip, pushing the tears away.

"Why did you go, then, Peter? You hadn't died yet, it was fine- it was going to be fine!" I know it's rude of me to do this, to ask him something like this, when he's the verge of breaking down.

"They contacted me." He says, tears now freely rolling down his eyes. "They contacted me, from down here, and said if I don't come, they'll harm you." He presses, hard, onto my hand. "And they will hurt you. All because of her, because they wanted your Aunt to come back and she wouldn't. I couldn't let them do that."

I walk in front of him. "So they were the ones who sent Aunt Marge those images of you dying." And then, after a moment, "You were searching for the person who did this, not for Evan."

"No." He face eyes down is now completely wet and drops of his tears fall onto his shoes and the surface.

I walk in front of him and put my hand onto his cheeks, wiping away all the liquid using my thumb. I don't say anything, not yet.

I kiss him softly and quick and then take his hand in mine, his eyes turning a beautiful shade of purple, and walk into the house.

It's only once we're seated with a cup of tea, my head on Peter's chest, our feet entangled, his hand combing my hair, and Sean sprawled lazily across us, a wicked smile on his face, as if he expected this and is having fun- is when I turn to him and say something that I know he's been waiting for me too, I know I've been waiting to say, "It's okay." It's okay that he left. I know now that it is.

"So, when's the wedding?" Sean asks.

"When we get out of here." I reply and Peter chuckles.

A comfortable silence hangs in the air.

"A couple of things for me to answer," Peter says, "Firstly, I couldn't come back at first because they wanted me- and imprisoned me here. I'm not going to get into the details of everything that happened, but a year passed just like that. They didn't and can't use me against my will, which got increasingly difficult as time passed because I didn't want to completely trust these people with the idea of me being the tetrakinita. Secondly, they're not attacking us no, cause they're dead- no questions. Thirdly," he pauses here and looks at me for a couple of seconds and then leans in and kisses my forehead, "Thirdly, we're not going to bother about Marge, we're going back."

I smile. This boy.

-

"Okay, Sean, now look at what I'm doing, okay, and then do the exact same thing- but opposite. I own fire and you own water- opposite's- got it?" Peter asks Sean as he moves over to the center of the room.

"Got it." Sean replies and joins him. Later, I'll have to remind Peter that Sean isn't a ten year old kid.

Peter puts his feet apart-shoulder length- and turns towards the fireplace. There is a sufficient amount of wood burning in there already. I lean forward.

He places his hands in front of him, palms turned outwards; a look of concentration appears on his forehead, causing his eyebrows to crease. I smile. He closes his eyes and begins to chant.

Nothing happens to the fire.

Turns out, nothing was supposed to happen to the fire.

Sean takes Peter's position in the center and puts his hands out. He breathes. From my side view, I can only think, one more, how similar they look, especially now that Peter's got blonde hair too- though I really miss the brown. Funny how he never once asked about Max.

Maybe he just forgot.

Or maybe he was worried about the answer.

I turn back to the stage where Peter is correcting Sean's stance and helping him quickly learn some lines.

"These words are the ones that will take us back. To come here, you said it in water, which is the opposite of me. To leave here, you need to say it while standing in the fire, which is my element- don't worry, I can control it, you'll be fine. Do you get the connection?"

Sean nods.

"Great. When you're ready." Peter says, putting his hands on Sean's shoulders.

Sean shrugs Peter's hands off and jumps onto a chair a few steps away, getting 'ready'.

Peter frowns and joins me.

"Couple of things," I say to him, "it's about Sean."

"Go ahead; I don't get this brother of mine."

"That's because he's exactly like you. In all ways. Which also means he's not a ten year old kid, Peter, don't treat him like one."

"But he is my younger brother."

"Since how long?" I ask him sarcastically.

He sighs. "The last sixty minutes."

A/N: 

Tell me what you think:))

 I have exams from Monday for two weeks so no time to write a mini-story on my life but in short the vacation was a lot of fun. 

Maybe I'll add on about it later. 

No, I definitely will.