Chapter 5: Introductions and Goodbye's

A/N: TELL ME WHY IT AIN'T NOTHING BUT A MISTAKE

Chapter Five

Year: 2050

Catherine

"When will they be here?" I ask William fidgeting nervously, looping the silver falcon around my neck through my fingers repeatedly.

"This is the first time in two years of knowing you that I've seen you this nervous." Lucas chuckles beside me.

"William?" I beg embarrassingly, "Can you hear anything?"

William, who is leaning against the metal walls of the Duns turns around and walks to us. "As a matter of fact," he says, standing next to Aunt Marge and putting his hands in his pockets, "They're right here."

The door flings open and for the first time in two years of confining myself here, I finally see a glimpse of the outside and it blinds me momentarily. I inhale deeply, cooling my nerves, and tilt my chin upwards.

Two people stand before me- one is Bill, sporting a blue shirt and next to him stands a young boy.

He looks like Peter- the toning body, the rigid posture, the height too is about the same- except for his blonde hair and naturally blue eyes- which Peter's turned out to become too. I step back, unaware that I am doing so.

Two years hasn't been enough to let him go- forget forgetting. He holds too much of a place in my heart.

Max, who is standing on my right, gently pushes me ahead towards the pair.

"Bill Willows," I say smiling towards the older man, "thank you for bringing him here."

"A pleasure as always Catherine, Oi Alloi means everything to me." I nod. Bill was one of the men who stayed back at camp during the battle, supplying us with necessary food and other material.

Then turning to the boy I ask him, "Do you know why you are here?"

He shakes his head, no. "Where are we?" He asks, now looking genuinely interested.

"You, Sean, as I hear from your father, are at the Duns."

"Yeah, Dad said so already. But like, where are we?" He repeats. An air of expensive perfume and a polished accent surrounds him and give off a peculiar sign, but I know his father is much too good to have raised a typical rich-kid son.

I have known his father for quite some time now.

"Sean, we're going to answer all your questions in sometime. For now, just follow us." My mind flips back to two years ago, walking through these doors with the boys, filled with guilt...

"What's up with you?" Lucas whispers in my ear once the others have walked a little passed us.

"I don't know," I confess, trying to keep up, "he just looks so much like Peter it's-" I pause, trying to find the right word for it.

"A relapse because you lost him?" Lucas tries filling in. I stop in my path. "Catherine..."

"No, no you're right. It's probably just nothing." I sigh and hold him by the elbow, urging him to hurry up so that we can catch up to the others without rousing any suspicions.

We take them to the same room that we had used when we first came here. I quickly settle down in the chair I used two years ago. Lucas nods at me and motions for the others to leave the one on my right empty. For Peter.

William clears his throat from the other side of the table, signaling me to start talking. I put my hands on the cold surface for support and stand up at my seat.

"We have reason to believe your son is the next tetrakinita." I announce, getting straight to the point.

"The next, tetrakinita?" Bill asks. His face is clear, ungiving, but his voice has a persistent, eager sound in it and I am glad Max can read his mind right now.

"Yes." I answer.

"I'm sorry but what's a tetrakinita?" Sean says, suddenly frowning, and gets up, "And why I am this thing? How do you'll know that I am this thing?" He continues rambling insensibly.

I roll my eyes.

"Sean." I say, staring at him. "stop." I glance at Bill. "You didn't tell him about this?" I ask accusingly.

"I- I didn't want it to interrupt his life." His life?

"Oi Alloi was our life!" William says defensively getting up. He turns to Aunt Marge. "Are you sure this is the way it's supposed to go? This guy? These two people? You sure?"

Aunt Marge folds her long dress on to the center of her lap, clutching it in her hands as she gets up. Her long white hair is left open- she hasn't bothered to pile it up in her original style since the war.

"William," she says, her voice all flowery, "don't be rude to our guests." She walks out slowly, taking her time, wisping through the open floor. She stops at the door and looks back at us, her smile too poisonous to be sweet. "Catherine, honey, do show them their rooms." And she leaves just like that.

I used to hate her, Countess Margarita, when I had initially joined To Sotos. My parents didn't interfere with my hatred and feelings towards her for a long time until they finally broke the truth. And then my parents died- brutally murdered rather- and suddenly Countess Margarita, now Aunt Marge, became my only family and guardian.

And yet, I still love Peter more than I could ever love her.

I miss him.

I turn to our guests. "Lucas will explain you'll everything. Sean, don't worry. We're not going to harm you."

"Far from that, actually." Lucas interrupts, "We need your help."

-

"Aunt Marge!" I call out, running down the passage, "Aunt Marge! Stop!" She pays no attention to what I say and continues making her way to her room. "Stop!" I say, finally having caught up to her.

"Yes Catherine?" She wears a plastered smile on her face. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong." I shift uncertainly on my feet. "You are sure about this right?"

"I know you don't trust me fully anymore, Catherine-" I try cutting her off- without success. "But you know my visions are always correct, whether I like it or not."

I frown. "Did you know he was going to sacrifice himself?"

"Catherine, you have to let him go!" She said loudly, clutching onto my elbows. "He's gone!" She says, shaking me. "There's nothing you can do about it!"

I push off her grip, mortified at what had just happened. I nod and rush away quickly, not wanting to see what else this other version of Aunt Marge has in store.

Maybe she's becoming Countess Margarita again- but how can someone be two people, change from one personality to another, in just a matter of a few minutes?

A/N: 

First long chapter!

Tell me what you think:)