Chapter 19: Another Kind of Leaving

A/N: ANOTHER CHARACTERS POV!!

Chapter Nineteen

William

My time at The Duns has come to an end.

This was the last straw- Marge almost dying like this.

Peter is dead, and Catherine needs to understand that and not waste her time running behind endless things.

I believe it's time we leave to focus on more important things.

The Duns is important- no doubt, but it's not home anymore- not without Peter- and I guess I'd rather study about the human body in college and get a diploma instead of staying here and fighting bad guys or trying hopelessly to bring back the dead.

I received a response from a college just last night and I got in- this is my opportunity, my chance to leave, and I will grab it with both my hands. I want to think that it won't matter to me, that they won't care, but two years is a long time- it's a long time indeed.

But I know if I wait and say goodbye to them, I will tear up and change my decision and end up staying here- and I don't want to do that.

I'm old enough to make my own decision at my own sweet time.

And my decision is to leave.

But these guys mean everything to me, and so they deserve at least a little something to remember me by.

I click the tiny little button on the screen, starting the camera, and look into it honestly, smiling.

"Hey guys, William here.

"I've decided to leave. I had enough action, enough 'thrill' for the some time now, and um, I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys this but I got into a college- and I'm going. I'm going and I'm not going to come back here again, whatever the reason may be. Catherine, I know you love Peter, but you have to let go, you have to move on. I've tried staying optimistic- but now I guess it's time to use that 'optimism' elsewhere. Lucas, you're a good guy, fall for a good girl. Max-"

Here I break off and look away for a second. Then I turn back to the screen.

"Max, buddy, I don't even know what to say. Just, just, take care, and don't be too harsh on yourself, let go a little.

"I need you to remember me- all of you- for I will always remember you. And I guess that's it. Thank you for the last two years. Thank you for Oi Alloi. Thank you for everything you have done for me and given me.

"And I'm sorry I won't stay back to repay the debt. I love you guys.

"One last thing- don't ever talk about this video again- never. I want you to act like I was never here walking these floors, instead just a random, hazy memory in your hearts and mind. Don't ever talk about this video- please. Thank you and good bye."

I stop the video and grab my bag and leave, looking back one last time at The Duns before rushing away to my future.

A/N:

I went for my first swim today. It was amazing.

Would you have pulled a William if you were in this situation?