Chapter 16: A Funny Smile

A/N: IDK WHY, BUT "PILLOWTALK" BY ZAYN MALIK IS STUCK IN MY HEAD RIGHT NOW.

Chapter Sixteen

Sean

"Mr. Willows is outside, says he's come for his son." The man says, nodding to Max. My eyes swivel around the room. I didn't think he would really come- I mean, he left readily. It's only now I realize what a big mistake I've made by calling him here, by thinking I missed him.

I get up hastily, lunging for the door, trying to see if I can change his mind and ask him to go back. The secrets these walls hold now, and have since last evening, are supposed to stay that- secrets.

And something tells me if won't stay the same for long once my father steps into these sacred halls.

"Sean." Max says to me just I reach the door and am about to pull it open. "I know everything." Of course he does- I really do wish I could read minds. "Sean," He says again as I ignore him and pull the door open anyways. "Don't let him go back home."

I stop mid-way through the door and turn around. "What?" I ask him.

"Don't let him go home, then he'll know we know something."

"My father," I begin, "is the most unpredict-"

"I know your father, Sean, and though this might hurt you when I say it, he's not here for you. Your father is Oi Alloi too. He has two powers for himself too. And yet, we have no idea what they are and can be. Your father is wicked, unruly, and might have many advantages over us at this point. Letting him in here, where we can watch his every step and move might be our only one in reply. It's a risk we have to take. Catherine probably already realized this." He nods at my whitened knuckles pressing against the cold silver handles. "Let it go."

"Can't hold it back anymoreee!" A little girly voice behind me starts singing. I turn around in shock to find Abigail, a girl Catherine brought to the Duns the night dad sneaked out, wearing a typical Elsa dress. How long has it been since the last Frozen movie? It doesn't matter; it's still very much in demand.

"Hey, Abigail," I say to her, ruffling her long, straight hair lightly. She smiles back.

"Where were you going, Sean?" She asks me, here little rosy cheeks beaming.

"Me? Well, turns out my Dad's here. I'm just going to meet him." I take in a deep breath. "Why don't you come with us?" I ask, knowing there is no reason she can't.

"Okay!" She says excitedly and continues singing the ancient lyrics to the renowned Disney movie as we make our way down to the entrance.

When I walk out, instructing Abigail to stay behind 'because Elsa doesn't like the scorching sun outside and might get burned', I find Catherine already in front of my father, the security team alert and I don't do anything to change that though I know being the tetrakinita that I can.

-

I walk in, his suitcases strolling beside me, humming sweetly as it glides over the cold surface.

"Hey, Abs." I greet her once more as she comes alongside me and starts walking.

"You don't look very happy about your Dad being here, Sean." She looks genuinely worried, scared maybe, her eyes large and round. I chuckle under my breath. "You can tell me if you don't like your Dad." She says innocently, putting her tiny little hand on mine. She persists. "I don't like my Dad either. He wasn't very nice."

I nod and tighten my grip on her hand.

"I do like my Dad, Abs." Or at least I used to.

-

Catherine's idea's from yesterday were amazing now that they were backed with scientific evidence and all of us could see what was going on inside Marge's head.

Turns out, we can record dreams using MRI scans and then go through them again later- almost like a prerecorded movie.

Though still difficult to believe, especially for me-

"Marge!" Her white hair is flowing around her and she wildly runs her hair through it like a maniac, sprawled on the floor, her feet open like two white sticks jutting out of her body. "Oh my god, Marge." I quickly run over to her, brushing away the white strands stuck to her pale face. "Hey, hey, it's okay, it's okay."

"Peter." She blubbers, her eyes tired, her lips tight and colourless. I frown.

"Marge, did you have another, another, vision?" I ask uncertainly.

She nods, only half aware of what I'm saying.

"Okay," I say, lifting her up carefully into my arms, "let's get you a little more comfortable first."

I pull her onto my side and quickly limp to her room, where we might find some ventilation. I tug her along with me, my arm hurting from its position around her waist, her body half dead due to the exhaustion. As we move, she continues murmuring to herself, sometimes screams, and waves her hands around.

I push open the room door and lay her carefully onto her bed, walking over to the windows.

Since these new dreams, she often loses control of herself, and so, just in case, we relocated her from her original, duplicate room, to this more open, spacious one.

I draw the curtains and open up the windows. By the time I'm back to Marge, she looks much better, though her hair still sticks to her face and her eyes are still stricken. I wait patiently for her breathing to come back to normal as I pour a glass of water for her and bring it to her side.

"Marge, you feeling any better?" I ask softly.

"Much, thank you, Sean." She replies as she slowly starts to hoist herself.

"No, don't yet." I gently push her back down. "Rest."

She huffs against my force but doesn't back down. "No, Peter, he," she pauses for a breath and gives into my demands as she lays back down. "He told me how to find him."

I suck in a breath but remain patient. "And?"

"And you," She points her dainty finger at my chest weakly, "are the door."

"The door to what?" I ask, stepping back unsurely.

She gives me a funny smile and says, "The door to Peter, the door to The Home..." 

A/N: 

Guys, this morning, the sole reason I woke up was because I wanted to use the washroom. I actually didn't want to get up today- I have double period EVM (Environmental Management).  

Ugh.

Not to mention I still have online school.

GAH.