46 - Fake boyfriend

Start from the beginning

"They will be banned for life," Umbridge spoke with her evil smile plastered across her face.

"Banned for life ..." You muttered before your brain realised what she'd said. "BANNED FOR LIFE?" You shouted. "YOU CAN'T DO THAT!"

"Actually ... I can ...." She held up a piece of parchment which you quickly snatched from her hand not caring about the words she muttered under her breath about you.

"Educational Decree Number Twenty-five? There's more?" You asked as you tried to read the note but Imbridge took it out of your hands so she could read it herself.

"Hem, hem. You see Miss McGonagall, your dear mother here made me see that we needed a further amendment ... Minerva," She now turned her attention to your mother. "you remember how you overrode me when I was unwilling to allow the Gryffindor Quidditch team to re-form? How you took the case to Dumbledore? And not to mention when Professor Snape came knocking at my door! Well, now, I couldn't have that. I contacted the Minister at since, and he quite agreed with me that the High Inquisitor has to have the power to strip pupils of privileges, or she - that is to say, I would have less authority than common teachers! And you see now, don't you Minerva, how right I was in attempting to stop the Gryffindor team re-forming? Dreadful tempers ..."

"Dreadful tempers?" You started to fake a laugh. "Did you not happen to hear what Draco Malfoy was saying after they'd lost? Did you not happen to hear what the majority of Slytherin were chanting throughout the entire game?"

"Oh I did hear but I'm afraid that wasn't against the rules -"

"So bullying and singling out students is just acceptable now?" You challenged.

"Perhaps," Umbridge still had her fake smile across her face."if you'll let me finish reading this you'll understand why." She held up the parchment and began to read. "The High Inquisitor will henceforth have supreme authority over all punishments, sanctions and removal of privileges pertaining to the students of Hogwarts, and the power to alter such punishments, sanctions and removals of privileges as may have neem ordered by other staff members. Signed, Cornelius Fudge, Minister for Magic, Order of Merlin First Class, etc, etc."

The smile was still wide on her face as she spoke again. "So ... I really think I will have to ban these three from playing Quidditch ever again."

"You're banning all three of them?" You asked in disbelief.

Umbridge giggled at your words. "Of course, all three partook in the event? Didn't they?"

"Fred didn't!' You tried to defend him. "Angelina, Alicia and I were all holding him back. He walked up to Draco but he never hit him!" Umbridge didn't give you the satisfaction of even contemplating changing her mind before she spoke again.

"Would I be right in saying that Mr Weasley was still eager to attack Mr Malfoy? Hmm?"

"Well yes ..." You tried to reason with her. "But he never attacked him! Please I can't lose both my beaters and my seeker!"

"My decision is final!' She raised her voice. "Perhaps I should ban you -"

"No!" Fred yelled. "(y/n) hasn't done anything, she just wants our team to be together, she held us back. You saw how she acted when she walked in! Besides she was just leaving, weren't you (y/n)?" Fred tried to send you a smile but your face still displayed anger.

"Yes, I was." You muttered out. Giving the boys one last glare you turned and slammed the door shut before running down to the hospital wing where you were met with a complaining Draco.

Draco was laying on one of the hospital beds groaning in pain. He'd been left with a split lip, a bruised face and a black eye. He deserved it but he wasn't worth losing half the team over. You walked over to the boy but at the sight of you, Draco jumped as if he'd just seen Lord Voldemort himself.