|19| Emergency Room

Start from the beginning

Ever since then, they haven't seen each other. Kei wanted to be by himself. Akiteru went to a university in the prefecture just in case despite living in Tokyo with his father.

When his mother called again, Akiteru rushed to the hospital. With Kei's current depressed state, she had only been doing flights within Japan. She happened to be home when it happened, luckily. Still, she didn't know how long she would have until she would have to go back to work. She wanted family to be with Kei, even if it was the son that left her.

So, he made the thirty-minute drive to the hospital closest to Karasuno. When he entered the emergency room lobby, Akiteru scanned the room until his eyes fell on a small group of people. His mother was among them.

"Okaasan," he said as he approached the group. His mother met his eyes. Hers were bloodshot from all her tears shed.

"Akiteru..." she whispered. He recognized the Yamaguchi's, but there was also a young girl and two women.

Akiteru sighed. He knew his mother had changed for the better, but he still couldn't get the obsessive mother out of his head. "How is Kei?"

"We still don't know how Kei and (Y/N) are doing. They've been treating them since they got here an hour ago."

He took a seat next to the younger girl who was clinging to who looked like her mother. It must have been this (Y/N)'s sister. "What happened? You didn't bother to tell anything on the phone other than he was in the hospital. Was it another suicide attempt?"

Akiteru could feel his brother's best friend's glare. "We don't know what happened," the green-haired boy retorted. "All we know is that the two of them fell from the roof of school." Yamaguchi then retreated. "There was a lot of blood. I was so scared that they wouldn't make it."

"Okaasan, when will they let us see Oneechan and Kei-niichan?" the small girl pouted. No one wanted to answer her.

Luckily, her question was answered when a doctor walked up to them. "The Tsukishima and (L/N) families?" They nodded, even the ones that weren't technically apart of those groups. "Their conditions are stable enough that they can be moved out of the ER. Once they get put in a room, you'll be allowed to visit them. I hope it's okay if they are in the same room?" The two mothers nodded, and the doctor continued. "Good. That will make it easier to monitor both of their conditions. Since there could be psychological trauma when they wake up, it would be comforting to both of them." The doctor sighed and adjusted their glasses. "Though, we have no idea when they could wake up.

"They both lost a decent amount of blood, and Tsukishima Kei's skull was cracked. It's a miracle in itself that he doesn't have major nerve damage. Well, at least none that we could see. All of that will become more apparent when he wakes up. His ankle had rods and screws put into it to set it right. Two ribs were cracked from the fall. His left hand had multiple metacarpal breaks." He held up his hand and point to the back of his hand.

"As for (L/N) (Y/N), it's a blessing that she landed on top of him. If it had just been her that fell, there would be some major repercussions—only a hairline fracture on her right femur. With how weak they already are, it honestly a surprise. Her ribs are another case, though. Because of her condition, at least seven of them broke. Two of them have to be the upper ones. The rest are apart of the lower sets. There wasn't any lung damage that wasn't already there. I contacted Dr. Matsuda. He should be here shortly to talk and examine her case further."

"Thank you," (L/N)-san breathed.

"A nurse will come to get you when they're transferred." He bowed and went back.