Chapter 29

There was a weird sensation. I felt lighter. I opened my eyes and had to shut them immediately due to the bright light. I opened it again and saw that I was lying on a bed in a dark room with only one bright light switched on. Four surgeons wearing masks and gloves were operating on me. Wires were attached to my fragile body. I got up but there was something weird. I looked back and saw that I had left my body. My body was lying on the bed, wearing an oxygen mask.
"She is very critical," A doctor said.
My heart pounded. I remembered the night and the.....the blast.
"Hello, sweetie." I heard someone say. I turned back and my eyes popped out of their sockets.
"Mom?" I was shocked. How was she here? I went to hug her but I passed through her. She smiled.
"I am a soul. You can't touch me nor can I." She said.
I looked at my body which was being operated.
"Am I dead?" I asked, shocked.
"Not yet," She said.
"Mom....I missed you." I sobbed.
"But I was always there with you." She said giving me a warm smile.
"A lot happened after your death.." I sobbed.
"I know...I know everything." She said.
"I am sorry Mom. I couldn't save you. But Will......he is not evil." I said.
"Sweetie, we don't have much time. Come with me." She said. I knew she was a soul and she eventually had to go back to her actual place. She took me out of the ICU. I saw Chris, Monica, and Will sitting on a metal bench. Monica was crying hysterically and Chris was comforting her. Will stomped his foot and chewed on his thumb. His shirt was covered with blood. He was sad. There were tears on his cheeks. He never cried.....never ever. He was not that weak. He was a strong guy like Damon Salvatore of the vampire diaries.
"She will be alright Will," Chris said.
"I know that. You don't have to pity me. I have seen her like this a lot of times. Stop showing sympathy." Will shrieked. He was angry. I wanted to hug him.
"It's not sympathy Will. I have known her and dated her for more than a thousand years. She will be fine." Chris said softly so that Monica couldn't hear anything.
Will did not reply. He roamed here and there looking tensed. What had happened to him? He had lost his evil attitude, his humor.
"They love you, sweetie." My mom said.
"I am done, mom. I thought that my bad days were over." I said sobbing.
"Denver is a very bad man, Mia." Mom warned.
"You know about Denver?" I asked.
"You need to kill him, Mia. You can't let him destroy everything." Mom said trying to hold my shoulder but instead of touching me, she passed through me. I felt sorry but then shifted my mind.
"But he burned the sword, it was our only chance to kill him," I said.
"He did not burn it. He did not burn the sword. How did you think that he would find the sword which was hidden by holy witches in a holy place?" She argued. It was making some sense.
"B..but the sword was shining and was in a golden box type of a thing," I said.
"Every shining object is not a diamond, Mia." She said folding her hands like a gentle lady. I was surprised. It was so foolish of me to believe that he had burned the holy sword.
"But he is immortal now. We can't kill him even with the sword." I said.
"After you find the sword tell your wizard friend, Zach to chant an immortality spell on the sword. And then behead Denver with that sword and his immortality will end and he will die." Mom explained.
"But how do you know about all these things?" I asked. She was human.
"That's not the important thing, Mia. You need to go back to your body. You need to reconnect with your body as fast as possible." She said.
"But why? It's nice here. I am with you and I feel safer." I said remembering my childhood when I used to run and hug mom and then ask her to give me chocolate. I missed those golden days.
"Mia" she scolded.
"Stop behaving like a child. You need to reconnect with your body and then find the sword and kill Denver." She continued.
"I don't know where the sword is," I complained.
"Brittney. She knows everything." Mom said.
"I don't want to go back. Life is a mess, Mom. People try to kill me and they find fun doing that." I sobbed.
"You need to fight. You are my brave girl, sweetie. I never taught you to be weak. Fight my girl, fight." She encouraged.
"I am done fighting," I argued.
"Think about Will." She reminded.
"Will." I murmured. My love, my life. He needed me.
"He loves you more than anyone. His love is pure, purer than Chris's love. Will loves you unconditionally without anything in return." She uttered.
"I know," I said turning behind. Will was still sitting down. He had calmed himself and was looking at our pictures in his cell. I tried to touch him, but my hand passed through him.
Suddenly three nurses came running out of the ICU and shouted "We are losing her".
"Will I die?" I asked sadly.
"You are now a girl with supernatural powers. Powers help to heal, so you won't die. But if you don't reconnect with your body in time then you are stuck here." Mom warned.
After listening to the nurses, Monica ran out of the hospital crying. Chris put his hand on Will's shoulder and went after Monica. Will stayed there and punched on the wall. A crack appeared on the wall, because of his angelic powers. He was angry.
"It's my fault" he shrieked and punched on the wall again.
"No, it's not" I stood beside him. Tears rolled down my eyes on seeing him suffer because of me.
"Mia, now go. Reconnect with your body." Mom reminded. I did not respond.
"Come on. Hurry." She shouted.
I followed her to the ICU where my body was lying. There were scars all over my body, but they were healing quickly. I turned back to look at my mom for the last time. She smiled her same motherly smile. The same smile she always gave. I did not want to leave her here. She was alone and sad.
"Touch your body and you will reconnect." She said.
"Mom?" I asked.
"I will be fine here." She said without even listening to my question.
"Will killed you. But why do you still support him?" I asked.
"Because when I was not there with you, he was there. He was there to pick you up and help you walk through your darkest days. He did kill me, but he loves you and protects you and that's the most important thing for me." She said with tears in her eyes. I smiled and nodded, then looked at my unconscious body.
"Will you be alright here? Are you sure?" I asked before touching my body.
"Yes, my dear. Now go." She smiled. I smiled back and lip-synced 'I love you'.
I touched my body and felt something grabbing me. The weird sensation had returned. I saw a bright light and then I blacked out.

So, today I will be doing something different. I will be giving a shout out to four of my lovelies. Don't forget to read their work. They were always there with me from the starting and they always supported me. Thank you, lovelies. I won't be giving the shout out here as the names won't be visible (I don't know why). Check the comments to see your names. If you want a shout out then you know what to do - read, vote, and comment.