Cute Clothes and Bows

Something something clothes. Something something looking really cute.

• • •

Circhester (Boutique), Galar

Hilda (shivering): Brrr seems we're getting to the chilly areas of the Galar region.

Hilbert (also shivering since he gave Hilda his jacket): Yeah, I think we need to get you some warmer clothes. There's a Boutique right over here, should we go check it out?

Hilda: Oh absolutely, let's hurry inside!

Hilbert: The warmth of the heater indoors has never felt so good, I can finally feel my fingers again.

Hilda (already looking at a pair of boots): These fur-lined boots are so adorable! They must be really warm too! Hmm, but what colour to get... Maybe I could get 2 pairs? Nonono, I must have self-restraint!

Hilbert: Hey, those boots are nice. There're also some parkas over there.

Hilda (hurrying over to the jacket rack): Look at this fuzzy pastel parka! Maybe I should get the black one. Wait, but the pink one looks cute too!

Shop Assistant: Hi you two! Welcome to Circhester Boutique! Can I assist you with anything today?

Hilbert: Just wondering, how much for the fur-lined boots and the fuzzy parkas?

Shop Assistant: The boots are 19200 and the parkas are 23000!

Hilda (smiling through the tears): I think I'm definitely gonna have to stick to just one item...

Shop Assistant: Both the boots and parkas use organic dyes and are made from ethically sourced Wooloo wool! I guarantee they are very warm! Perfect for Circhester's chilly climate!

Hilda (scheming): Hmm Wooloo wool you say...

Hilbert (concerned): Hilda... Whatever you're thinking, no.

(Hilbert bought Hilda 2 parkas and 2 pairs of boots because he likes to spoil her and she also deserves it.)

• • •

Hearthome City (Super Contest Hall), Sinnoh

Hilda: Hey, I know we were planning to watch one of the contests today, but I think we should enter!

Hilbert: What? But we're not even prepared for it!

Hilda (pulling out her prop case): Well actually...

Hilbert: Ahh of course, I should've guessed you would bring your prop case. I actually left mine back in Unova so I guess I can't participate, oh well. I'll be cheering you on though!

Hilda: Nope, don't think you can get out of this so easily! You can share my props! Besides, picture the crowd astounded by our unique Pokémon! Other contestants envious of our unparalleled props! Showcase to the people of Sinnoh the skills of Unovans from the esteemed Pokémon Musical!

Hilbert: Alright, you've boosted my ego enough, where's the sign-up desk?

Attendant: Welcome to the Pokémon Super Contest! Would you like to sign-up for our next session starting in just under an hour?

Hilda: Yep, the both of us would like to participate please!

Attendant: Absolutely, I'll just have to sign you up one at a time. Let's start with you, sir. Please fill in this registration sheet. You may leave the Pokémon you will not be entering with me, and then head over to that room to get ready.

Hilbert (heading to the change room): I guess I'll take Emboar with me.

Hilda: Aww! I was thinking to enter my Emboar too! Maybe I'll choose my Sawsbuck instead...

Hilbert (later stepping out of the change room in a suit): I thought we were just dressing up our Pokémon, I didn't realise we'd have to dress up too...

Hilda (looking up from her registration sheet): Ahh look at you! I think I just fell in love with you all over again!

Hilbert (bashfully): Oh come on, no need to exaggerate. I wonder what they have picked out for you to wear.

Hilda (handing back an unfinished registration sheet): Sorry ma'am, I've changed my mind. Hilbert, I can't get enough of you in that suit so I'll be cheering you on from the crowd! Good luck!

Hilbert: No Hilda wait! How could you betray me like this?!

Attendant (ushering Hilbert away): Sorry sir, but the show is about to begin!

(Hilbert wins the contest with an impressive performance by Emboar covered in decorative bows and flowers. When he is awarded with a ribbon, Hilda makes sure to shout, "WHOO! THAT'S MY BOYFRIEND!", garnering laughs from the crowd and judges alike.)

• • •

Notes: I was just thinking about John Mulaney saying "THAT'S MY WIFE!". Also, the "short" stories are getting progressively longer haha!