Encounters

When champions meet champions.

• • •

Celestic Town, Sinnoh

Hilda: N is not gonna be in any of these houses! Why do we have to knock on each door? We just keep getting rejected!

Hilbert: Oh come on it's not that bad! Hey, how about I give you a fun fact? This is the hometown of one of the Sinnoh region's past champion!

Hilda: Who would've thought huh? This is such a tiny town! Funny if we bumped into them.

Hilbert: Haha, I know right? I'm sure they'd be out training or something though. Doing champion stuff, you know?

Hilda: Yeah, true. Alright! Last house and then let's get lunch okay?

Hilbert (knocking on the door and it opens): ...

Hilda: Hilbert? You okay? You don't look so great. Your beautiful face just turned super pale and it's kinda ugly now.

Hilbert: I'm getting PTSD from Undella Town.

Hilda (looking toward the person in the doorway): What? Oh my Arceus. You know what, I'll leave you guys to catch up, I'm heading to the uhh Pokémon Center hahaha bye...

Cynthia (in the doorway): Oh, what's this? How terrific to see you again, Hilbert! Told you I'd remember your name.

Hilbert: Hey Cynthia, long time no see...

• • •

Postwick, Galar

Hilbert: Hilda, we have to get a move on! You can't just spend all day braiding the wool of every single Wooloo you see!

Hilda (kneeling beside a Wooloo amongst many other Wooloo): That's not what you said yesterday when we spent all day looking at old buildings!

Hilbert: Oh, come on! The architecture is so unique compared to back home, and each building is actually different! On the other hand, each Wooloo looks exactly the same and even more now because of what you're doing! Besides, we have Mareep back at home, they're cute too.

Hilda: Yes, cute to look at, but not so much to touch... Trust me I know.

Leon (from out of nowhere): Ye'v sure made they Wooloo pure cute! Anyway, see ye twae aroond!

Hilda: Hahaha, yeah...!

Hilbert: ...

Hilda: What did he say?

Hilbert: I don't even know.

• • •

Notes: Hilbert and Hilda both recognised champion Leon but they were too confused by the Galarian (aka thick Scottish) accent to even respond.