Golden

Two times where Hilda is golden in Hilbert's eyes.

• • •

Circhester City (Hotel Ionia), Galar

Hilda (stretching after a long day): Ahh! It's so great to stay in a hotel for once rather than camping all the time!

Hilbert: Sure is! But don't get too used to it...

Hilda (taking a seat by the window): I know, I know! Would be nice to stay here forever though, lavish rooms and long days. I mean, look outside! The sun is just beginning to set and it's already 9:30pm!

Hilbert (taking a seat on the bedroom bench): With Unova and Galar being on opposite ends of the world I figured they'd be entirely different, but the late sunsets in the summer still amaze me.

Hilda: Same here, and I know we've been travelling for some time now, but I still don't quite believe that I got to see so much of the world with you.

Hilbert (admiring the sunset on Hilda's face): ...

Hilda: Hmm?

Hilbert: Wha- sorry, what were you saying?

Hilda: Hehe nothing really, you seemed to be zoning out there. Tired?

Hilbert (sheepishly): No I... I just think you looked really pretty in the light.

Hilda (embarrassed): Oh umm, thanks! You know, you're pretty cute when you're like that...

• • •

Cianwood City, Johto

Hilbert (sitting on the sand): Finally, a moment of rest! The sounds of the sea make me feel like it's okay to forget everything, just for a while.

Hilda (kicking off her boots and taking off her vest): Yeah, totally agree with that! But the sounds of the sea make me want to jump in! Come on!

Hilbert: I think I'm good here, careful of the Tentacool though.

Hilda: You're no fun! Don't you love the feeling of sand between your toes?

Hilbert (admiring the sun shining on Hilda): ...

Hilda: Aww, sorry! Didn't meant to make you upset you big baby!

Hilbert (pulling his cap down to cover the blush across his face): No, it's fine. The sun just got in my eye...

Hilda (bending down in front of him): Huh? Are you blushing? Wait, is it because of that swimmer over there?!

Hilbert: What?! No! Y-You just looked so golden in the light...

Hilda (grabbing Hilbert's hands): Aw shucks! Come join me, please!

Hilbert (taking off his shoes): Arghh, how could I refuse you!

• • •

Notes: I imagine the Galar region to have late sunsets in the summer, just like in parts of Europe. I've also been listening to Taylor Swift's "folklore" (on repeat since it was released whoops), and although the lyrics of "august" tell a different story, it just made me think of golden hour and being at the beach.