Chapter 35

P U R I T Y

"-Gratefully, I ask for us all to raise our glasses in acknowledgement of every donation made tonight. Your generosity has made a great deal to our charity and I thank everyone who's with us this evening. Have a good night." With a raise of his champagne glass, Kade takes a step back as everyone begins to applaud. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much and I can't help but feel overwhelming proud for the man I'm able to call my boyfriend.

Absentmindedly, I begin walking away from the group and straight towards him. I gently push past the crowd until finally, just a few steps in front of me is Kade and his father. His dad seems to spot me first and motions to his son, who turns around and smiles with he see's me.

Mr. Bishop begins walking away just as I arrive, but I pay no attention to anyone else and wrap my arms around his neck. "I don't think you've ever failed to impress me, Kade."

"Hm?" He smiles, staring right at my lips. "Suppose it's just one of my many talents, then."

"Suppose it is." I grin, our lips finally meeting as his hand touches my lower back. We don't kiss for long, instead it's short and sweet since we're surrounded by people. He holds my hand and directs us away from everyone until- strangely enough- we enter the kitchen. Nobody seems to pay any mind to us, the head chef actually smiling at Kade as we walk past him, and we find a secluded area where no one seemed to walk to.

Both hands grab attach onto my waist and I'm lifted onto the clean, stainless steel counter as Kade departs from me to grab something from under the counter, "What are we doing here, Kade?" I smile softly.

He doesn't answer me and pulls out the box wordlessly. I eye him carefully, watching as he opened it to reveal a whole heap of unopened chocolates. My face immediately brightens and I let out a laugh, allowing him to put the box on my lap as Kade stands directly in front of me.

I smile, "What's all this?"

"Chocolate." He grins, "Ethan got hungry earlier today when he was helping me around here and ordered for a box of chocolates since that was what he was craving. Idiot ordered a bit too much."

I laugh, picking up one for myself and unwrapping it to feed to him. He lips take it with a smile and I open another one for myself, falling backwards onto the wall with a satisfied look on my face. "This is seriously a ridiculous amount of chocolate."

He rolls his eyes, "I know. We're taking it back home tonight 'cause he spent a stupid amount of money on it."

"Home?" I cheese, reaching lazily for his arm as he inches closer to my body.

Kade smiles, "Home, Walker."

"Never knew I owned such a lavish apartment." I joke, biting halfway into a bit of chocolate.

"Whatever's mine is yours, Ivy-Reese. Should know that by now." His voice drops so it's more quiet, his eyes trailing across my lips and all over my face until they land on my eyes. He stares, eyes lingering for a few seconds too long, until a smile breaks out. That same smile I knew was reserved for me.

He breaks the silence by asking a question I wasn't exactly expecting. "What does your future look like, Ives?"

I scrunch wrapping in my fist and shrug, "I wish I knew."