Chapter 28

P U R I T Y

"Yeah, so then he pulled out the flowers and I died! Seriously, Ives, I think I passed away then came back to life to hug him to death. I've never been so in love." Caroline breathes out, smiling goofily behind the camera and I know she's thinking about him. I can't help but grin like her and shake my head happily.

"I'm so happy you're happy! Send me a picture of the necklace through messages or something. It's so cute!" I gush, eyes widening in excitement as I hear a ping a second later and see that she's already sent it. I laugh, knowing she must've taken hundreds of photos of it already then zoom in on the diamond necklace in awe. It was stunning. The diamonds weren't too big but not too small and the chain was dainty- just Care's style, and I knew she'd wear this every chance she got.

What made it even more special was that Tag bought her it through his own hard-earned money without any slack from anyone. His family was financially stable, from what Caroline's told me, but not rich enough to splurge on jewellery like this often- or at all. He'd bought her it because he loved her that much and expected nothing in return.

"It's beautiful." I sigh out, "And it matches you perfectly. Where even is Tag, by the way?"

"Oh, he's just in the other room watching the football. I told him I was going to FaceTime you and not to bother me until I was finished." She grins, and I laugh as I prop my phone up on the pillow and rest my head on my palms. "Where's Kade again?"

"Went out with Ethan also for the football." I smile, "But to a sports bar, I think. When's it over, do you know? I forgot to ask him before he left."

"Um..." Care pauses, "Babe, when does the football finish?"

There's a silence before I hear him shout back a reply. "Ten minutes, baby." She shouts back a 'thank you' then looks at me through the screen and I nod back. "How's spending the week with Kade?" Care asks.

"Really good." I smile, unable to mask my glee and I pick at my nails distractedly. In all honesty, it really had been good. We had dinner together every night and went to bed together every night as well; and studying was easy, because he'd leave me be for however long I needed until I came out of the room finished with my school work. I was worried about distractions even despite the study but Kade was super understanding and gave me space when needed. "And living in this apartment is insane. The views are still so amazing."

"Ugh, I wish I had that." Care replies, "I suppose Tag's a good enough view anyways. Oh! And guess what we just got invited to today?!"

I tilt my head at her, "What?"

"That neon themed party everyone kept raving about last week! Remember, before we left town? I found out it's super exclusive and it'll be in some AirBnB with security and everything. There's gonna be at least two-hundred, three-hundred people. We have to go!"

"How'd you even get an invite?!" I ask curiously, my heart now beating with excitement. This was exactly what I needed and was thinking about; a distraction and a way to take my mind completely off everything- what better way to do it than this? Plus, the exclusive parties were always the best because the alcohol was strong and the people were crazier.

"I got a message through Instagram from one of the people throwing it. They said they'd send two tickets, one for you and me, to go. They also said they emailed you already but no reply."