Chapter 16

P U R I T Y

I wake up to shouting.

"Get up, fat-heads! How do you sleep hours before bed?"

Kade groaned and I attempted to blink my eyes open. It wasn't difficult, the room was still dim and the star lights above gave just the right amount of light. In front of us stood Ethan with his arms crossed over his chest and his right eyebrow raised. "Afternoon, Ivy." He smiles when he sees me awake. I smile back and rub my eyes slowly.

"What time is it?"

"Quarter to six. How long have you two been asleep?"

I shrugged drowsily, "Not long, I think. Almost two hours."

Ethan nods at my words then leans on the sofa behind him. He eyes Kade for a few seconds, who was definitely already awake and probably suspicious of the silence now. When he opened his eyes he quickly glared at his friend and groaned into my chest. I fell asleep probably thirty minutes after him and we were still in the same position as before- him lying on top of me, our legs tangled together and his head gently on my chest. My hands were lazily resting on his back and the position was more than comfortable.

"What the fuck do you want." Kade's glare remained and Ethan rolled his eyes, a hand now rubbing his belly.

He practically whines, "I'm hungry and I know you two can cook. Please make me food."

The boy on top of me picked his head up, eyes deadpanned, "You woke us up because you're fucking hungry? I swear to god I'll-," Grabbing a pillow we had tossed onto the floor earlier, he throws it pretty aggressively to Ethan who simply laughs and dodges the pillow. Once all the left over pillows were thrown the hungry boy looks at me pleadingly.

"Ivy? Please?" He drags out. I smile, nodding, and run my fingers through Kade's hair and attempt to sit up. His body weight on top of me holds me down however and I send him a look to let me up.

"A few more minutes." He sighs, head back on my chest. I bite back a smile and mouth to Ethan that I'd be out in a few minutes and he happily leaves the room with two thumbs up. Deciding to give Kade a few minutes of silence since he was abruptly woken up, I let him nap until I finally make another attempt to get up.

Kade picks up his head again. I smile, "I gotta go help Ethan. You can stay here, I'll be back later."

"No, I'll come." He yawns and rubs his face. Slowly but surely he gets himself up, stretches, then sticks his hand out for me to grab. Once I'm stood on my own two feet I, too, stretch my arms and legs out before motioning for him to follow me out. Lazily he keeps his arm on my waist and we stroll out the room at a slow pace.

Ethan was already sat on one of the kitchen stools with his phone in hand and a cheek resting on his palm. He grins cheekily once he sees us. "Finally. My stomach was about to start eating itself."

Kade moves to sit besides him but keeps that familiar, petty glare on his face. We both ignore it and I walk to his fridge to inspect it. "I thought you guys didn't have any food. Wasn't Kade meant to restock groceries?"

"Yeah." Ethan side eyes his friend. "But when I went to my parents' they gave me some stuff they didn't want or need. Like pasta, some meat and seasoning stuff. I'm not sure what else, I didn't check."