Chapter 12

P U R I T Y

Dinner with Ethan definitely made my week.

He was so funny and such a nice, open person to be around. At first I was a bit unsure, since we weren't that close and I felt bad for not contacting earlier, but every conversation we had came so naturally that when the night was over and he finally dropped me off at mine I found myself disappointed.

And not in that way- Ethan was definitely just a good friend. He was attractive, no doubt, probably even as attractive as Kade. It was a shame that my apparent type was boys who didn't like being tied down and no matter how much I would rather like Ethan, my stupid mind was set on him.

"Ives! How was your dinner?" Caroline walked out of her room as I took my heels off and placed them by the door. She carried her computer in hand and gently placed it on the counter, the word document she was using apparent and clear in front of me.

"Really fun." I smiled and sat on one of the bar stools. "He's a good guy. I need to introduce you two one day, I think you'd get along well."

She smiled and poured herself a glass of water. "That'd be nice. Thought of what you wanna do with Kade?"

I nodded. "Ethan and I came up with a few ideas. I was thinking a picnic in the park, and then I'll buy him donuts from a shop nearby and walk around town a bit."

"That sounds amazing! What if-," Suddenly, her computer started ringing and indicated that someone was trying to call her from FaceTime. I beckoned for her to answer and stood besides her as she picked up, Tag's face automatically appearing.

"Hey babe." He began, then his eyes turned to mine. "Hey Ivy. I was just gonna ask Caroline for the gossip, how'd your date go?"

I laughed at the screen and looked at Caroline knowingly. She, however, just looked as confused as ever and looked at her boyfriend. "Huh? What date? She hasn't been out with Kade in a week."

He shook his head. "No not Kade, the new guy. With the dark hair. And more tattoos than Kade."

"Ethan?" I questioned, "How do you know about Ethan?"

Tag looked at us through the screen like we were children trying to learn the alphabet. "Because it's blowing up on twitter right now. Caroline said you were having problems with Kade so I assumed this was like your rebound or something."

My eyes widened comically large as Care and I turned to face each other at the exact same time. I rushed to grab my phone from my purse and hurriedly typed my password in, clicking on the twitter app once it was available and seeing my name trending on number two. "Crap."

"Crap." Caroline repeated in my exact same tone, nodding along with me.

There were retweets of photos of us taken inside the restaurant which I hadn't even noticed and a few from outside when we were finished eating. The cold weather felt nice on our skin so we talked about outside, for seven minutes at most before leaving. I guess that was seven minutes too long.

"Has Ethan texted you? Or Kade?"

I shook my head. "Ethan's probably still, like, ten minutes from his apartment. I haven't heard from Kade."