Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Hey my lovely fans! Hope you like this chapter (I know I do ;p ) I’m going to be switching POVs a lot during this one-just thought I’d warn you! 

<3 Dani

_________________________________________________________________

The sun was going down quickly and Fiora paced the room agitatedly. She thought Rafael would have visited her room by now, maybe he didn’t mean today... 

Romeo meowed at her feet sweetly and she scooped him up. “I know. I know. I’m just nervous” she chided. He meowed again and it sounded like a question. “I don’t know why I’m nervous.” She answered. 

“Where is he?” She asked aloud, she had remained in her room all day just waiting nervously. Her thoughts turned to earlier that day when Rafael was promenading around with Maria...

Annoyance crept into her slipping calm demeanor. Maybe he was busy with Maria, busy enjoying her skinny pale body. Fiora’s thoughts were full of bitterness and she blushed at her own surprising anger. 

A knock at the door sent her heart racing and she plopped Romeo down on the bed. “Come in.” She said hoping her voice didn’t quiver. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Rafael had avoid Fiora’s room all day, he almost wanted turn around as soon as he got there. He knew seeing Fiora would be a mistake, he had no idea how long he would be able to keep his cool. The more and more he spent time in her presence just tormented him. But today he was going to see how his newest plan would work. 

He took a breath smothering a smirk and knocked softly. 

“Come in.” Fiora’s voice called out. He entered the familiar room and his eyes rested upon Fiora. She was wearing a light violet gown, it hugged every part of her perfectly and he licked his lips trying to stay in control. 

“How nice of you to finally stop by...” Fiora said words dripping in sarcasm. 

“Your words savor strongly of bitterness” Rafael stated a little annoyed. 

Fiora merely turned away from him and headed towards the large bed in the center of the room. She sat daintily on the edge of the bed and the small orange cat sauntered over curling up on her lap.

Although Rafael loved animals, he had really come to see Fiora. When he encountered her in the garden he was thinking of any reason to come and visit her. She just looked so enticing in the beautiful sunlight. 

“How is he doing?” He asked unable to move his eyes from Fiora’s face. 

“He’s doing well.” She answered not looking at him. She was being short with him again and Rafael was quickly growing bored with the pretenses. 

“Good.” He said as he watched her slender fingers stroke the kittens head. “And...how are you fairing?” 

She looked up at him through thick lashes. “I am doing quite well, thank you.” She said softly. God her voice was sweet. 

She looked down once more and an uncomfortable silence grew between them. He had no idea how much time passed before she asked “Is there somewhere you need to be?” 

She gave him a sly side glance. Confusion cluttered his expression “No...” 

“Well, I would hate to detain you from your guests...” She said quietly. 

“My...guests-” Rafael questioned out loud before realization struck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Oh Maria!” Rafael exclaimed. Her name sent a wave of anger through Fiora. 

“Yes...the little bird.” Fiora couldn’t help the anger in her voice. When Rafael said nothing she looked up into his smirking face. 

“By the gods...are you jealous?” Merriment lit his eyes and she wanted to smack him. 

“No! Don’t flatter yourself!” She stared into his eyes. 

“You are..you are jealous!” He smiled triumphantly. 

No the little bird had just angered her the way she talked to Fiora, the way she flaunted herself about, the way she clung possessively to Rafael’s arm. The last thought struck her...no she could not possibly...

“No” Fiora said again but less convincingly. 

“Fiora...” Rafael said seriously and leaned towards her. “Tell me the truth.”  She winced at the sound of her name on his lips. It disturbed her for some reason. 

“Fiora.” His large hand grabbed her petite chin forcing her to look at him.  She closed her eyes “No.” She spat. 

“Look at me” His velvety voice slid over her making her shiver “look me in the eyes.” 

She took a breath and looked up into his stunning green eyes. She had never really noticed his eyes before and her hazel eyes couldn’t seem to leave his. 

“Tell me.” He whispered, his hot breath was on her face intoxicatingly. 

“What does it matter?” Fiora was scared now. 

He shook her chin slightly “It matters. It matters to me.” He said intensely. 

He leaned in, now only inches from her face. “I...I...” She couldn’t speak, her heart was beating wildly. His lips parted and was a mere breath away from hers. 

“Tell me.” She felt his breath on her lips. “If you weren’t jealous, then I’ll stop.” His bottom lip brushed hers gently sending sparks through her body. 

“I...” She muttered, she was flushed and aching.  His lips touched her again but only briefly, it was maddening when he pulled away. “Stop...please” She whimpered wanting the torment to end. 

“Please what?” Rafael was enjoying this.