Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Come here, Fiora." Rafael growled taking a step forward. 

"Stay back! I will not marry you. " Fiora spat in his direction. 

Rafael's eyes narrowed and he ran a hand haphazardly through his deep black hair. After a beat he suddenly changed his approach. Taking two bounding steps towards Fiora's small frame, Rafael softened his expression.

"Dont make this any more difficult than it has to be." He cooed, tilting his head to the side and opening his arms wide.

Unfazed by this new tactic, Fiora unconsciously squeaked and bolted for the doorway. Just as her hands graced the wooden frame she was pulled backwards against Rafael's broad chest. 

"Let go of me!" She screamed trying desperately to twist out of his vice like grip. 

In response Rafael merely wrapped his large arms across her body, pulling her against him even tighter. 

"Fiora please..." He breathed into the nape of her neck, unwillingly sending goose bumps sprawling out in every direction. 

"No...I hate you." Fiora felt the tears threatening, the tears she had been trying so hard to hold back for days. 

"Fiora." Rafael painfully whispered.

She clenched her eyes shut as the tears began to finally spill over and she went limp in his arms. He took that opportunity to spin her around to face him and pulled her close once more. Fiora cried into his chest, big heavy sobs of the deepest sorrow. Her father was dead and the only way to save her mother from poverty was marrying this evil man. She clenched her fists and began to beat halfheartedly at Rafael's chest. He let go of her and she continued her assault, the blows growing weaker and weaker with each sob. Rafael stood there, staring down at her with the utmost pained expression painted across his dark features. 

"I hate you, I hate you." She screamed in-between blows. 

"Fiora." He said again and again in the same pained longing voice. 

"Stop it. Stop saying my name." Fiora cried bring her hands up to her ears and backing into the wall. 

Rafael could no longer help himself and he quickly closed the gap between them. Fiora raised her fists once more but he easily caught them dragging them up above her head.

"Fiora stop fighting me." He whispered angling his head down towards hers. 

She could not accept him, he had killed her father. He was a lecherous man the whole village had come to hate. How was she supposed to marry him? She hated him and yet the way he said her name and the way his lips looked right now so close to hers...no. She shook her head violently. 

"No! I'll never stop, I'll never stop fighting you." 

Rafael jerked his head back and released her, causing her to slide roughly down the wall. 

"Fine. Stay here until you have a better attitude. We will be married in 1 week, lets see how much fight you have left in you by then." 

Rafael stormed out of the room and slammed the door behind him. Fiora heard the click of the lock and hot tears streamed down her face once more. _______________________________________________________________________________

Let  me know what you guys think :) I'm eager to receive feedback (positive or negative)! Let me know if you want me to continue with this story or not :) 

Thanks,

         Dani <3