“You aren’t mad about that or anything are you?” she asks. “The boyfriends coming with?”

I frown. I wish she would stop saying that. She’s doing it on purpose though, trying to make me uncomfortable. It’s kind of working, but I’ll never tell her that. This is her way of pushing to make it official with Patrick, but I won’t be the one to bring it up.

“Yeah, I’m fine with it,” I say, not letting on to my discomfort.

“Are you sure?” she asks again.

Before I can respond again the phone is plucked out of my hand. “She’s sure Kailey,” Patrick says. “She doesn’t mind the boyfriends tagging along. We’ll see you in ten minutes.”

I can hear her sputtering on the other end before he hangs up on her. I hear matching noises of befuddlement escape my mouth.

“So um, I got your bag from Tazer at practice. Your stuff is in the bedroom if you want to go change before they get here,” he won’t look me in the eyes. Why isn’t he looking at me? Did he mean it when he said he was my boyfriend?

Ugh, why do I care so much about this?

“Are you alright?” he asks, still not looking at me.

I mean to say yes. I try to yes. My mouth forms the word and the syllable climbs up my throat, but all that comes out is, “Boyfriend?”

That gets his attention. His eyes lock with mine for a few seconds before he looks out the floor to ceiling windows. “I was just trying to get her to stop bugging you.”

I feel myself deflating. “Oh,” I look down at my feet. “Yeah that was a good plan.”

I turn to go back to the room I was in when I woke up. I’m stopped by arms coming around my waist, holding me in place.

“Yet another thing I messed up,” he sighs in my ear. “So I had a whole big plan that I was working on while I was driving home from practice. I was going to take you out to lunch and clean up while you were shopping with Kailey. I was going to take you to the party, and make sure the guys treated you right. Anything you needed I was going to make sure you had it. Then as we were leaving the party I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend.

“But it seems that I can’t get that right either,” he sighs again before kissing my temple. “So I guess I’m going to just skip all of the stuff leading up to it and ask you.

“So, will you be my girlfriend?”

I stand in his arms, wondering idly if he goes this big for all of the important questions. Does he have a special romantic plan for everything? I’m curious. But right now I don’t care much about that.

I turn around and look up at him. “Do you do anything halfway?”

He smiles nervously. “Um, not really.”

“I mean off the ice,” I clarify.

“Even off the ice,” he laughs. There’s still a nervousness to his expression though. “So, um—“

“Yes,” I answer.

“Yes?” he looks guarded, like I’m playing some mean joke on him.

“Yes,” I laugh. “We just spent the past night making out and learning about each other’s entire lives. Did you really think I’d say no?”

“Well, I mean you have a lot of objections to Kailey and Jonathan being together and a lot of them apply to us as well. I wasn’t sure—“

“I don’t want to talk about that,” I really don’t want to talk about that. “I want to talk about us. And I was there to be an ‘us.’”

He smiles, a big full grin that almost splits his face. “I want there to be an ‘us’ too.”

I reach up to kiss him, but thanks to the ringing doorbell I never get there.

“Let your boyfriend get that,” Patrick tells me, kissing me quickly before going to let our friends in. “You just go get dressed.”

 I smile. My boyfriend. I like the sound of that.

A/N: so I might not be posting as much soon. I start classes again on Monday. Waaaaaa college :( anyway I hope you guys like this remember I love hearing from you guys! vote and comment if you enjoy this update :) and thank you all soooooooooooo much for reading.