Nothing But Bad News

“Patrick is going to kill you if you don’t stop you know,” I tell Tyler, trying to distract myself. We are sitting inside the United Center for game six of the Cup Finals. It’s second intermission and the Hawks and Pens are tied. I’m really, really nervous. I hope we can pull out this win.

“He knows I’m just messing around,” he doesn’t sound worried. He probably shouldn’t, but I can’t be sure. Patrick has not been happy about the comments made lately.

The guys are really busy now, obviously. So, Kailey and I have been spending a lot of time with Ty and Em. No big deal really to the guys now that they know he’s not single. At least it wasn’t until he started making comments about how ‘oddly unsuitable for one another’ we are. It’s more targeted at me and Patrick oddly enough. I can’t tell if he seriously thinks we aren’t good together, or if he’s targeting us because he’s scared Kailey will take a hockey stick to his head if he stresses her out any more. Of course I’m about to do that myself so really he’s in danger either way. And I am far from being the only one irritated. Patrick is pissed. He seems to think that I’m going to take Ty seriously and actually leave him. The likelihood of that happening is about equal to me shaving my head and declaring my intention to live in a tree as a squirrel ambassador for the rest of my life.

Sometimes I wonder how I come up with these things.

“He doesn’t care Ty,” I’m not the one who says it, Em is. She shakes her head at her boyfriend. “You’re telling him he’s not good with his girlfriend, who he likes very much. You’re one of her good friends, your opinion carries weight. Imagine if one of my friends didn’t approve of us.”

“The friend who introduced us is sitting right there,” he points at Kailey, who isn’t paying any attention to us. I’m actually starting to worry about her lack of focus lately, but that’s a problem for another time. “So if she hadn’t liked the idea of us together she wouldn’t have given me your number. Besides her disapproval wouldn’t stop me from being with you. No one’s would.”

The lovey cute moment between is interrupted by my gagging noise. “You two are disgustingly adorable.”

“Thank you,” they reply in unison. I make more gagging noises.

 “Anyway,” Tyler continues, thankfully abandoning the gross cuteness. “Kane shouldn’t let my opinion come between you two. Besides I actually think you’re good for one another.”

I find my jaw somewhere I the vicinity of the arena floor. “Then why the fuck are you constantly telling us we don’t fit together?”

He just shrugs. “Because you don’t. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t date him.”

Yeah, my jaw is definitely on the floor somewhere. I should find that soon.

“But,” he continues. “That doesn’t mean I approve. I might think you guys are good together—despite not fitting well—but I don’t have to approve.”

“Why don’t you approve?” If he pulls some protective friend bullshit…

“Because I’m your friend.”

He’s about to be my dead friend. I already have one older brother I don’t need a second one.

“Besides, he’s nothing but bad news.”

Emily snorts next to him. She doesn’t buy this any more than I do, and that’s one reason why I love her. “No Tyler, that’s you.”

He starts to reply, but it’s lost in the roar of the crowd. The teams have arrived back on the benches. The third period is about to start.

A/N: Sorry this update is so short, but I felt like writing and I thought you guys might enjoy an update :) IF YOU KNOW THE SONG I REFERENCED HERE I LOVE YOU FOREVER! Thanks for reading and remember to vote and comment if you liked it! Also you should all go read @mr_and_mrs_lashtion_ stories because I love them very very much :D