chapter sixty two

Lisa's eyes fixed on their intertwined hands on Lisa's lap, she was kind of lost in a trance from the moment that they had actually left the city hall they got married at. They were all in the same car heading back to Jennie's apartment, all four of them while the adults, Jennie's and Jisoo's parents took their own different cars. Her head was overloaded with information, it was almost flooded as she could say to put in bluntly with memorable moments that kept replaying shamelessly in her head like a movie or something. It was mostly Jennie's vows that were shaken her up the most out of everything else that happened that day. Looking at the two women sitting in the front of the car Lisa focused on the camera that her best friend was holding. At first she was completely opposed to them filming the whole thing but she felt grateful that they did so anyway. That way she'd be able to look back to that day, she didn't want to forget any word that Jennie said to her that day.

"I can't believe we're married," Jennie said out of nowhere, her eyes locked with the matching wedding rings that they were both wearing on their fingers. Lisa laughed a little at the tone of surprise and disbelief that Jennie had in her voice. "I know," the older woman simply said and tightened her hand around Jennie's, her thumb brushing against the woman's soft skin lovingly, her heart beating out of her chest once again, reality settling in. "No, I'm actually married right now, for real" Jennie repeated and pointed at the rings with he eyes, Lisa laughing once again at how cute Jennie was being, the look of confusion and happiness at the same time causing the deadliest combination ever. The cutest one as well. "I think it's a little too late to be regretting it, isn't it?" Lisa half joked, her eyes glued on Jennie's face, a wave of relief hitting her as soon as she saw her smiling and shaking her head.

"No no, that's not what I meant to sound like." Jennie jumped on the car seat she was sitting, looking up to meet Lisa's eyes that were sparkling still from the amount of tears that they had cried just a few moments ago. "When people will ask me I'll tell them that I am married now. That I have a wife, aka you. Not to be too much but I had kind of made peace with myself that I wouldn't find someone to be able anf handle me or even marry me. Because let's be honest, I'm too much sometimes." Jennie explained and stayed looking at Lisa for some time more now, blinking a few times to make sure she was not dreaming and that what she had been staring at was indeed Lisa, her wife. "Sometimes? You may want to rethink that Jen," Chaeyoung jumped in the conversation for a split second, spilling her comment but stopping as soon as she received the stare of death from Jennie.

"Well, I married you." Lisa said and cupped Jennie's face bringing her close to hers, her lips soon finding their way to hers capturing the woman's bottom lip with her teeth. "You're mine now," Lisa mumbled against Jennie's lips before sealing them once again, a smile forming on her face as soon as she remembered that she was going to have the chance to live with Jennie by her side for possibly forever. For as long as she was going to be alive. This new leven of affection was hitting a different spot inside her, it was making her heart muscle ache because even that wasn't strong enough to carry all the love and the feelings she had for Lisa. The constant touching, the kisses, the stares and now Lisa's last words before kissing her were only showing her how possessive Lisa was and Jennie loved every second of it. She could get used to it. For life.

"You guys are really the cutest, look at them unnie, look look," Chaeyoung said and started poking Jisoo who was responsible for driving them back to the now newly married couple's apartment. Lisa and Jennie couldn't help but laugh at their interaction, Jisoo wiggling her arm around to get rid of Chaeyoung trying to get her to turn her head. "If I look at them we won't make it back in one piece," Jisoo semi yelled at her causing another big wave of laughter to echo in the entire car, now Chaeyoung joining as well and her laughter was rather louder than both Lisa's and Jennie's in one. The laughs kept on going while Jennie turned her head to look at Lisa, the older woman seeming genuinely happy, more alive than she had looked in those almost three and a half weeks that she had been going to treatments. "Are you alright?" Lisa asked, looking down at Jennie that had leaned on her shoulder all of a sudden.