"I've left some snacks on the kitchen counter. He'll prefer tea this time of the day."

Irma filled her in making Farwa sigh.

"I'm his mother, Irma. I know."

Irma raised her hands in surrender. Farwa had gone to the kitchen and after exactly fifteen minutes she was going up the stairs with the tray in her hand. Irma sat there.

One minute.

Two.

Three. Four

Five.

She slowly left the sofa and walked towards the stairs. Sarim's room door was creaked opened. Sh peered through it and stifled her grin.

Farwa was caressing Sarim's hair who had his head in her lap. The tray was sitting on the side table forgotten. Sarim was telling her about the Fiesta preparations in his groggy voice. Must've woken up from a nap. Farwa was fully attentive. It didn't even look like there were problems between them for more than two weeks now.

And Irma was smiling. She slowly entered inside closing the door behind.

Family. The ease of it amidst everything.

_______

Sarim Haider was in a good mood today, everyone who saw him could say that. The better situation at home had him relaxed after a long time. He was doing everything with a new zeal and energy.

The preparations to the Fiesta were reaching the final stage. The various stalls and acts were going on from tomorrow. The week long event was the attraction for students of other institutions as well.

As Sarim came out of the auditorium after another briefing session, he had only one thought on his mind; finding Elaf Daud. The girl was taking the new play pretty seriously, so that she had completely invested herself in it. Narmeen had come up with a complex idea for the play, as Sarim had heard from Safwa. So, Elaf's whole day was devoted to her dramatics club since the classes schedule was also not as strict.

And that meant all it had been two days Sarim Haider hadn't seen her or talked to her. He won't admit it but it was the only wrong in otherwise every right going on. So it was on him now to seek her our and talk to her for a bit. There wasn't anything important he had to discuss with her. But talking to her was important. Fair enough.

He was close to the main hall where her team was practicing when he saw her coming out of there. The rolled up play script was in her hand while she sat down on chair.

"You are a mess."

Sarim commented. Elaf smiled sitting there. She couldn't deny it. The continuous practice had her exhausted.

"No shit, Sherlock."

He sat down next to her and glanced at her profile. Her hair were tied in a bun and she had her stole tied at her side. She was in work mode. He could say.

"You guys are taking the Fiesta seriously by the looks of it."

"We have to because apparently Narmeen couldn't find a simple play for the occasion."