avoiding

Ella's pov:

The incident with Chris took place couple days ago.  I have been avoiding him since then. He is staying in our home all this time. I wasn't leaving my room and mom or grandma bring my food upto my room. Dad would come to my room every now and then trying to convince me to get out of the room but I wasn't feeling like it. But one good thing happened out of all this is I'm almost done with my witch course I read all the possible books about witchcraft and supernatural being but the books I wanted to read most wasn't here. A book about werewolves.

When I'm reading one the books grandma came into my room.

" Ell honey how are you doing ?" She asked with concern.

" I'm feeling better grandma. Why are you all dressed up?" I asked her.

" Well I thought I would spend some quality time with my family as I'm away from them all there life. Do you want to come out with us. It's Christmas in couple days we can go shopping." She said in a happy tone.

" Grandma, As much as I want to spend time with you. I'm not feeling like going anywhere right now. You guys go and have fun." I said hoping she would understand me.

" I understand Ella . But I think you should give him a chance at least. He desperately wants to talk to you. He waited for you to come into his life for 10 years and when he finally meet you he wasn't able to control his wolf and that scared you."

" I know grandma but I just wasn't feeling right now. I may do something I dont want to." Grandma nodded understandingly.

" Ok, then we will be leaving now. Enjoy your day. Don't lock yourself in the room all day" I nodded.

She she is about to leave I grabbed her hand.

" Grandma, what about him is he going with you are he'll be home?".

Grandma smiled and said " don't worry honey he just left to his office, he won't be home until after dark by the time he returns we'll be home" I signed and let her go.

I took a nice long hot bath as my home is covered in snow and it's pretty chilly inside to with all the heaters on.

I did my long skincare routine and left my dark black hair in a messy bun.
A put on some cute and cozy pajamas.
I'm in my pajamas all day everyday.

I already ate my breakfast but all the learning is making me extra hungry so thought I would take a break and cook something

I went into the kitchen and started prepping for making my favourite extra chocolate chip cookies I mixed all them and popped in the oven and thought about making an actual lunch for my self
I started making chicken soup with ramen my fav. As I'm stirring the soup I felt a presence behind my back.

" Cute shorts " i frightened by the sudden voice and turned around to see Chris smirking at me but he scares me I took a step back with fear when he saw it the smirk on his face disappeared.

" Ella, please don't be scared of me. I'll never hurt you." I remained silent and just looked at him.

" Ella, can we please talk I know you don't even want to see me but plss.." I can say he is being honest.

I just nodded and filled him to the living room.
." Ella that night I attached you just because I'm being manipulated and I can't sense that you are my mate. When Meryl removed that locket all I can smell is you. Your sweet scent. And when I saw you laying there my wolf can't control himself and hugged you that way. I know I scared you so much but I didn't mean to do it." When he completed talking all I could say is " okay".

" Ella say something other than okay. Plss" he said slowly.

I don't know what to say to him .
" Do you wanna have lunch?" I asked.
He first sighed and then nodded with a smile on his face.

We had our lunch in silence and observed the dark circles under his eyes like he hasn't slept in days just like I didn't slept for days.
I don't know why but since the night Chris called me mate I can't sleep at night it's like something is missing I even tried a sleep portion but it didn't work.
When we are done with are lunch Chris insisted on doing the dishes and I let him.

When I'm about to leave to my room. Chris called me.
" Ella, if you don't mind will you sleep with me." How dare he say that I throwed a book at his face but he caught it.
" What was that for?" He asked like he didn't even say anything.

" Cause you just asked me to sleep with you, you asshole." I shouted at him.

" Ella, I didn't mean it that way." He sighed.

" I wasn't able to sleep in days cause my wolf knew you were just next door. Once we found our mate we knew to have our mate next to us. I know even you didn't get any sleep this days."

" What do you mean my we?".

" My wolf and I may seem to be same but we are different. It's complicated to explain.By the way he wants you to know his name is Leo."

" Hoo okay, so you saying that I wasn't able to sleep because you weren't next to me." He nodded.

" But I can't sleep with you. My parents will be home soon if they see us sleeping next to each other my dad wouldn't like it."

"Don't worry, your grandmother texted me when they headed out they aren't coming back till midnight." Has I can't imagine my grandma did it. I don't want to sleep next to him but at the same time I need to sleep are I'll go crazy.

I sighed and nodded my head I headed towards my room and Chris followed me closely.