5. | New Girls

Disclaimer: Kiss members will be speaking Chinese at all times unless stated

Y/N POV

" We will be announcing your grades now. There were 6 A's and they are all of you! Congratulations for the wonderful performance!" Honggi said.

We all clapped and hugged each other, happy that our efforts paid off. Meanwhile, everyone gave a standing ovation because we were the first group with full top graders.

I could see Yerin and SinB conversing with Everglow's Sihyeon and Yiren. " OppA iM sCaReD tO bE aLoNe iN tHE sEa oF idOls" as quoted by Yerin. Look how she's enjoying her time here now, guess I won't need to worry anymore.

We stepped up one step at a time, going through all the levels and I hitting every high fives on my way, until we reached every trainee's goal, the 'A' level.

It was beautiful to be at the top, getting to look down on idols. Just kidding

Anyways, countless evaluations after us progressed and everyone had their grades. I'll let you know how strict the judges actually critiqued us. Yerin got a C, Yiren had a B, even Dino had an F... it wasn't that easy even for debuted idols.

After an intermission, we were split into groups of our grades. My group (not SweE) and let me see.. there were 29 of us out of a possible 202.
Mostly female too, not that I was observant on that, just saying. I recognised 2 girls from the group I searched previously, was it Kiss? They looked stunning in real life, I had to say my heart tingled a bit after the girls stared at me.

Once we entered a practice room, Bae Yoon Jeong told us that we had 24 hours to prepare and memorise lyrics,choreography for the newly composed Pick Me, the specialised song of Produce for re-evaluation. Of course, being my first time, I was really hyped to finally be able to hear it first hand. We were given 5 laptops to share amongst ourselves and practice. Leader instincts kicked in for Eunbi, and she ordered us to a laptop. I had the two Kiss members and Yuri.

Since they couldn't speak Korean well, I initiated the conversation in Chinese, a language I picked up in my free time.

all in chinese dialogue

"Hi, I'm Y/N. What's your names?" I asked.

At first, they just blinked their eyes, with a shocked expression. I was confused for a second before they asked, " You know Chinese? Amazing.. I'm Yuyi and she's Jie Xi. Nice to meet you Y/N." Yuyi politely bowed, and Jie Xi followed.

"I heard Kiss is really popular in China! It's an honour to meet you guys." I smiled.

"Y/Na- Y/Nie- I give up. I'll call you Oppa if it's fine with you." As I nodded, Jie Xi continued, " We watch you a lot in your group too! Call us fangirls hehe."

back to native language

My heart skipped a beat but I maintained my composure. So these girls know about me...

Yuri, who was listening at the side had no idea what was transpiring before her eyes. She tugged your shoulders and pouted. "Oppa, what are y'all saying? I don't understand anything and you all look so happy and I'm feeling left out.." the hamster looked down.

" Yuri-ah, I was just trying to get to know them, you aren't missing out on anything, I'll introduce you to them!" I lift her chin up and started the introduction.

Hours passed as we got to know each other and we also checked out the video played on the laptop. The theme song for this series was catchy, I thought that it was the best out of all, and the choreography? A mix of intense moves like in Produce S2 but there were cute moves too like in Produce 48, it was a dance created nicely for both genders.

Jie Xi seemed to be struggling a bit with a 4-step finger change part and I noticed that she was calling out for help with her eyes but was probably too shy to ask. Thus, I decided to step up and help her. Kindness goes a long way,as the saying goes. Why not?

Author POV

While Yuyi and Yuri were practicing together, they both noticed how close Jie Xi and Y/N were. Both were laughing together as they practiced the move and Y/N's hands were guiding Jie Xi's hands along to the beat. Needless to say, Yuyi and Yuri were both burning with jealousy.

Not just them, the whole room was looking at the pair, but they were oblivious to the attention they were receiving.

Finally, Daehwi broke the silence when he teased Y/N, " A new ship has risen! Y/N-ah, making new friends fast eh?" He chuckled, and the rest of his group joined the teasing.

"Aish stop it, I was just teaching her how to do the move, idiots." Y/N rebutted jokingly, with his face turned red due to him finally noticing the attention he garnered.

" That Chinese girl is so lucky, I wish I was in her place.." thought Gyuri, who was Y/N's classmate and a member of Fromis_9. She participated for fun and to see her idol, Y/N.

Over at the other end of the room, Sian, an almost member of IZ*ONE, and many other female trainees looked at Jie Xi in envy.

Jie Xi herself was bright red due to the unexpected attention. She had guessed that everyone was thinking of her interaction with Y/N. She absolutely loved it, but the attention was unwanted.

To defuse the sticky situation, Y/N suddenly shouted," PEOPLE! 20 HOURS LEFT. TIME IS TICKING. PRACTICE YOUR ASS OFF IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET YOUR ASS KICKED OUT OF HERE!"

Everyone then got back to their practice, but the situation earlier made a very awkward atmosphere between Jie Xi and Y/N.

Y/N POV

I was drinking some water to cool off when someone tapped my shoulder. I looked over to see Jie Xi doing this

My heart went brrr, anyways she apologised for creating a scene previously but of course, I know she meant no harm or anything of that sort and we were back to normal, no awkwardness

next day

I woke up, checked the clock and realised it was 4AM. 2 hours before we had to gather at the main hall for our re evaluations.

I had no plans to go back to sleep and decided to just practice more, so I walked towards the practice room. However, when I reached and opened the door, I saw 5 girls looking at me.

"Hi?"