4. | An Official Start

Y/N POV

As I washed up and prepared to go out for breakfast, my phone rang,signifying a notification.

I read the headlines, it was the same headline as the night before, but I was too tired to bother. This time, I opened it to see "Rumours of MNET Produce 202 inviting China ace girl group, Kiss."

To be honest, I didn't know of this group's existence and so, out of curiosity, I decided to search them up.

Turns out, it was a 5 membered girl group who all looked beautiful and it said that they have won major trophies and awards at different award shows including MAMA 2017 and even at the Grammys.

I probably didn't know they won in MAMA 2017 due to our group's debut being a year ago.. but the Grammys? I thought only BTS or Blackpink could be the foreign groups to win an award at the Grammys. Kiss has to be a strong opponent, I couldn't wait to face off against them. Maybe Cheng Xiao or my Chinese friends would know them..

few days later

The official start of Produce, I was god damn excited. It was my first time here, and seeing the previous seasons, I couldn't wait to perform in front of national producers. I heard that many Produce participants were coming back to contest, like Sian, Yiren and the much pitied Chowon.

My members and I were full of excitement on the van to MNET's building, with Haebin pretending to faint every 10 seconds and Junghwa bragging about his team's choreography. The addicted ML players,namely Seobin and Leo were cursing in Indo everytime Fanny killed them. It was hella funny.

Once we reached, we were guided to a room full of signatures on a mirror. I saw this before, it was really cool just like on screen. No wonder everyone was in awe when they came here.  I planted my signature next to Yoojung, before exploring the room of triangular mirrors. I spotted a camera on a small hole, and it instantly reminded me of when Yena drew on it and got worried when she realised it was the lens of a camera.

After, we were escorted backstage, and when the screen showed BigHit Ent, we were asked to go on stage. My heart pounded furiously, it was nerve wrecking. I know I'm an idol and have already experienced this, but seeing the idols seated up already made me even more nervous. I saw the glimmering first place seat, and it looked so enticing. I could hear chatters of "Y/N would definitely go to the first place seat, he deserves that spot" but that only made me more pressured not to take that seat. Now I know how Jurina felt...

In the end, I sat on the 6th place seat alongside my members and waited for the other participants to come out. Trainees from JYP,SM,YG,Pledis and more arrived on the grand stage, and even veteran idols like Seventeen and GFriend members. Everyone was cheering for the already debuted idols.

However, after everyone was seated, the trainers came out. First off was the ferocious Bae Yoon Jeong, who always looked like she was ready to say " Get out of this stage nimwit"
Next up was May J Lee, a superb dancer who is from 1MILLION Dance Studio. And then we had vocal trainer Soyou, from Sistar. Another vocal trainer, Lee Hong Gi arrived. Choi Young Jun and Cheetah came out after. " We want to make the show a fair place to win. No favouritism will be given to debuted trainees." Bae Yoon Jeong said in a cold tone.

Then, came the national representative, Lee Seung Gi. I love his shows and his acting, and I think everyone did too because there was an overwhelming response when he came out.

Chungha and Yeonjung, both former Produce trainees, then came out and introduced themselves as special MCS. After explaining the rules of the show, it was show time.

Performance after performance was showcased, with many idols have shock grades, they really mean it when they said no favouritism will be shown....

The time has come, it was time for my group to perform next. Eunwoo, Mingyu, Daniel, Daehwi, Soobin and I took our spots and we could hear the cheers and commotion....

Bona POV

The girls were all shocked at the lineup of Y/N's group, which was understandable. Including a mixture of former W1, Seventeen, TXT, Astro and SweE members was the success formula to get a perfect A. Beside me was Eunseo, who was fanning herself because she couldn't take the hotness of Y/N's group. Yeoreum was too on a very panic state. Below me sat Iz*one, and all I could hear was how they were all going to get A's and how that was the lineup. When the music dropped, we were all taken aback. Daniel and Y/N started doing their crazy aerobatics which definitely impressed me and everyone around me. " WHAT THE PPONG! DID YOU SEE Y/N LEVITATE??? HE OPPOSED THE MOTION OF FRICTION I CANNOT TAKE THIS!" Eunseo went crazy as every second passed. The climax of the song approached, and their choreography was out of this world, displaying different models like airplanes and helicopters, it was something really unique. Then, Y/N suddenly jumped out from the back, looks like he stepped on someon's back and gained that momentum to jump ahead of the rest. Nevertheless, the girls went even crazier..

It was heading to the end of the song, before Y/N decided to whip out some killer moves such as head spinning off the floor, doing "suicide" moves which were sure to hurt alot, and I guess that was all it took before Eunseo lost her sense. " Y/N/N OPPPAAAA SARANGHAE!!!" She shouted and everyone looked at her... poor Eunseo got embarrassed. Even Yiren, who I knew was as quiet as me, failed to keep her composure as she gushed over the magnificent moves. It was an eye- opening performance, I hope all of them get an A...

Y/N POV

All I could think about after the performance was Eunseo shouting out that sentence. I got so flustered I almost lost focus when doing my B-boy moves.

" That was a captivating performance, it was well constructed and synchronised, especially the B-boy moves and the unique choreography, nice work." Lee Hong Gi and May J Lee said.

" However much I like your performance, we didn't really hear your singing.. can you sing us one song played on random?" Soyou asked.

And so, we agreed. After they sang their respective songs, it was my turn. I got BTS sunbaenim's Stay Gold, and it was right where the high note played. Nonetheless, I perfected it while singing in falsetto.

" We will be annoucing your grades now. There were _ A grades, and they are....