2. | Produce 202

Y/N POV

" Produce 202? What's that?" I asked, as Dino then explained that it was Produce 101 but even more grand , with 101 boys and 101 girls now to contest for a 22 - member group formed for a renewable contract, though members can also go for hiatuses to prepare for comeback from their original groups.

" So a Co-ed group? That's surprising.." I said, while Dino agreed with me.

"I'm sure you would enter, BigHit will contact you sooner or later.." Dino pat me on the back before leaving for his group's performance stage.

Due to our group performing next, I wiped the thought of joining Produce 202 and sought to give a good performance for our Stars today.

It wasn't until when we got back to Big Hit did I remember about the show.

It was during dancing class where SinB and Yerin were talking about Produce 202 that got my ears perked up.

" SinB and I got invited for Produce 202, did you?" Yerin asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, explaining that the CEO hasn't notified me of any invitations, when suddenly there was a knock and in came Bang Si Hyuk, our beloved Bang PD.

"Hey girls and Y/N, sorry for interrupting. I just wanted to tell Y/N that Produce 202 has made an invitation for you to join their show, are you going to accept? Same for SinB and Yerin, I need your answers by today." He explained.

I looked at Yerin and SinB, and they mouthed that if I joined,they would follow suit.

"I'll take the offer." I stated, before the girls copied my words and Bang PD left to contact MNET.

"Yah Y/N you better stick with us throughout the show, I'm scared to be swarmed by the sea of idols." Yerin said,eyeing me.

"That's perhaps if you manage to survive through the rounds" I chuckled.

timeskip to you in the dorms

While I was sitting in bed being idle, my bandmate Seobin mentioned about participating in Produce 202.

"Did any of you get the invitation too?" Seobin asked.

To my surprise,everyone in the group got an invitation and accepted it.

"Why not we go on the evaluation stage as a group?" I suggested.

"It says here in the rules that evaluation stages cannot exceed 2 members of the same group." Haebin pointed out,while reading the information.

"That's such a shame, we have to find idols of other group to partner up with." Leo said.

"Y/N won't have a problem considering his connections with the industry." Seobin smirked.

" You're not wrong there, I don't know who though.."

As we dispersed into our own rooms, I lied down on my bed, thinking of the idols I should partner with for the whole night.

the next day

As Produce 202 inched closer, it was also time to form a group for the evaluations. I heard that previous Produce trainees could come back and contest again, so I contacted Daehwi and Daniel, friends I knew from former Wanna One.

As expected, they were all called back for Produce 202 too and accepted my offer to team up. Daniel called Mingyu from Seventeen, Daehwi called Soobin from TXT. As for me, I wanted to call Eunwoo from ASTRO.

Therefore, the final lineup of our group was decided with Mingyu,Daehwi,Daniel,Soobin,Eunwoo and I as a team.

Over the course of the next few days, we would meet up to discuss and create a choreography which could blow up the stage. Making use of Daniel and my B-Boy moves, we incorporated crazy antics like the Headspin,Jackhammer,Head Slide and Hand Hops. We also choreographed moves to resemble an airplane and helicopter. I was super satisfied with the end result

Credits : Street Dance Of China S3

Not only did we use our creativity, we also used our skills. We put together a pitch perfect performance that will surely wow the judges. Our team composition was also really good, we had vocalist, dancers and visuals. It'll be hard for us to not get the top grade.

When I woke up the next day after a tiring night, I received a phone call from Yoojung.

"Y/N-ah, come quickly,please!"