35

Hello there, lovelies!
I took a very unexpected hiatus, my apologies. I had a few chapters written, then I scrapped them... so we're here now lol.
Please enjoy the much much longer chapter, and more uploads through the week.
xoxo

Sammy

It was difficult to describe how the rest of the week went by

It was difficult to describe how the rest of the week went by. Tidal Wave kept Dante occupied for most of it, so I ended up seeing very little of him. The first full day he was at Fight Club, was Thursday.

I had wanted to carve out some alone time with him, but all we got were fleeting glances, and short yet intimate moments. The fact that I couldn't touch him was starting to sort of drive me a little crazy.

"The novices are making incredible strides." Grayson commented, joining me on one of the benches near the mats. We were both watching Dante now, as he continued practice rounds with the novices. He still refused to put on some gloves and fight, but his sparring techniques with the pads alone, were bringing on rapid improvement.

I gave Grayson a nod. "Our first tournament is coming up here in less than a few weeks. I'm just hoping they're ready for it."

Kyle was going through the combos with Dante. Those two started out on the wrong foot, but it felt good to see that idiot cool it with the attitude. When he shut the fuck up and listened to Dante, it was impossible to miss the refinement.

The other guys had tightened up immensely. They allowed Dante to show them the slower movements, which they then practiced on each other. Every so often, Dante's eyes would divert from their gaze, catching mine.

Most times he would look away sheepishly, but on those few occasions when I offered a smile, he gave me a warm one in return.

"I'm not sure what kind of divine intervention brought him to our door step-"

"Technically, it was Tidal Waves door step." I reminded Grayson. He rolled his eyes at me.

"Tomato, tomato. Who'd of thought we'd pick up such a skilled fighter."

I soaked in Graysons words as we continued to watch Dante.

"If only he'd fight." Grayson more or less mumbled to himself. That part made me uncomfortable. Now, knowing what I did about Dante, I understood his resistance to. Whatever made him uncomfortable just wasn't going to cut it for me. Dante standing in this gym right now was enough miracles for my ass to be content with.

"Don't push it." I said to Grayson. He gave me a head nod in return.

I never want to put Dante in a position he himself didn't approve of.