10

Just checking in lovelies! How are we doing? How are we liking the story so far? And for those following Addicted to the CEO, did we catch all those new episodes on Radish?
As always, thank you for being such wonderful people. And thanks for reading!
xoxo

Dante

Waking up the following morning proved to be one of the most difficult things I had experienced in this lifetime or the previous ones- I was sure of that

My body was aching from the second night sleeping on the floor, and no amount of stretching was helping with the soreness. The discomfort had spread across my back and upper shoulders, to the point where it made it difficult to even reach above my head.

I was going to need to get a bed like yesterday.

The time on my shitty burner phone informed me that it was a little past nine in the morning.

I had managed to sleep far later than I meant to, but after being put through what I was put through these last few days, I think I rightfully earned a few extra hours.

There was a lot of shit to be done, however. That daunting thought was weighing heavily over me. With the way I had left things in Texas, I basically had nothing to my name. All the money I managed to save up was transferred to the only account I had, that didn't have him on it.

It was crazy how entangled your life could become with someone in such a short amount of time.

The tangling is always the fun part, the detangling however?

That's the part that tears you apart.

I mustered up what courage I had to slowly pick myself off the floor, and start the treacherous process of getting ready. I wanted to make it to the hardware store, and hopefully a furniture place as early as possible. The only challenging thing I hadn't worked out yet was how I was going to get the majority of the furniture to the apartment.

I had made the decision to sell my vehicle so I could afford this shit hole. That, and Pinterest promised me that I could survive NYC without a vehicle- like they claimed practically all New Yorkers did.

Now I was plagued with the predicament of either paying those pricy delivery fees, or killing my pride and asking for help. I didn't allow myself to let those genuinely valid questions overtake me, as I slipped on some shoes, grabbed the house key, and left.

-

Summer was quickly approaching this busy city.

You could smell it in the air.

It was the sweet smell of hot garbage, disgraceful body odor, and just a sprinkle of urine. I tried not to gag as I stopped by the back alley of the apartments to throw out my trash. This was a smell that was definitely going to take some getting used to.