14

Dante

As soon as I made it to Fight Club, all that confidence I had been trying to build on the walk over here, quickly depleted

I hated the fact that Sammy didn't look like an eighty year old woman.

When he made it to the entrance to unlock the door for me, I could already feel myself drooling. It was the second time I had seen him in something that wasn't gym clothing, and it was dare I say better than the hardware store fit.

Today he was in a pair of sweatpants, and a long sleeve shirt that had Fight Club printed across it. This one was one of those workout shirts that had a snug yet comfortable fit. The ones that thoroughly showed off every flex of muscle. "Good morning." He gave me a smile, as he held the door open for me to walk through.

"Good morning." I replied, breaking eye contact with Sammy just as quickly as we had made it. I basically had to stare at the floor in hopes that he hadn't caught me blatantly checking him out. He flipped the lock on the front doors and lead me into the gym towards the staircase that went up to his apartment. The steps towards to his flat were a bit of work considering the gyms first level ceiling was high, but when we got up there, his familiar living room came into view.

I could've sworn the place was cleaner than when I had seen it on Thursday.

"Thanks again for doing this. Hopefully I got all the right shit. The cashier at Jack's did her best to help, but I think she may have been a little new. I tried to look for everything myself so she wouldn't get too overwhelmed."

I couldn't stop a smile from forming. That was surprisingly really considerate. "Not a problem. From the looks of things, I can make what you got, work." I replied. When I glanced from the supplies, his eyes caught mine.

I couldn't tell if he was going to say something, but for a second, he just looked at me. Something flashed across his face, then he looked away. I heard him clear his throat before he spoke next.

"So, uh, I took some time off to help today. Is there anything I could start with?"

"Oh, y-you really don't have to." I rushed out.

I was about one thousand percent sure that Sammy was going to make working up here all the more difficult.

It would've been nice to have someone to keep me company, but Sammy could under no circumstances be that person. My lack of a filter and control when I was around him, was starting to scare me.

"I insist." He said sternly. "There is no way I'm letting you climb up there without someone down here to watch out for you."

I knew those words were just sensible thinking on Sammy's end, but goddamn it, it still made my heart beat quicken. I needed to get my shit all the way together and stop giving credit to a man who was literally doing what most people would choose to do.