23

Hello there lovelies! How are we liking the book thus far? I promise more uploads are on the way, I just had a bit of a busy work week.
Thank you, as always, so much for reading!
You guys are amazing<3
Xoxo

Sammy

"You really gotta protect this face better

"You really gotta protect this face better. It's too pretty to be getting knocked around like this."

As soon as those words left my lips, that was when I fully realized what the fuck I had just said. Did I just call Dante... pretty? Like those words had literally just come out of my mouth?

I felt a knot grow in my stomach when Dante looked at me. His large brown doe-like eyes had a darkly curious look to them as they caught mine, and it caused the hairs on my arms stand up. Maybe it was the evening lighting from the gym that had made him look this enticing.

That could have been it, right?

"I-" I started to whisper...

... but that was when my eyes betrayed me, and I glanced down at his lips.

They were full, slightly puffy almost. He had the tendency to curl his lower lip in on itself and grind his teeth against it, when he was watching one of the fighters intensely. Something drew me towards those lips, but I couldn't tell for sure.

I wasn't sure of a lot of thing about this moment, like if I was the one that had leant forward...

But seconds later, those same soft lips were against my own.

His lips felt warm as they parted slightly, and for a moment I wasn't sure what to do. I felt my body tense up when his breath fanned my upper lip... it had made a shiver run through me.

That's when Dante pulled away.

My dumbass didn't notice I still had my eyes wide open like I had seen a ghost or something. When Dante looked at me, instant heart wrenching pain flashed across Dante's face. He quickly pushed himself off the ring mat and backed away.

"I-I'm sorry I shouldn't have..." he mumbled to me, before he did something else I wasn't expecting.

He turned around and took off.

I stood there, staring at the front door as it slammed shut behind him. I wasn't sure of what had just happened- one minute I was kissing Dante... right?

My thoughts slowed.

...I hadn't been kissing Dante. I hadn't reacted at all.

It took my body a second to register what just happened, but when it did, I pulled myself together and ran upstairs to get the building keys.

God, I was a fucking idiot.

Dante