18

Sammy

When I awoke the next morning, I was surprised to see I had woken up before my alarm clock went off

When I awoke the next morning, I was surprised to see I had woken up before my alarm clock went off. Last night's work had landed me in bed closer to 2am. I half expected to not wake up at all.

There was this weird gust of energy spiraling within me that was something I wasn't used to having this early. The time was now going on six and I was going to need to burn some of this energy pronto. Especially because I had no classes today.

I made the bed quickly, before slipping on my work out shorts and grabbing my gym bag. This had to have been the greatest part of living above the gym, and the only reason I went through the vigorous work of converting the upstairs studios into my apartment.

When I made it down to the dim lighting and fresh mats, the sweet smell of sweat and leather filled my senses.

It was home.

I set my iPod into the dock and turned my playlist on shuffle, then I got suited up for this work out.

Dante

The first thing that came through my senses were the low vibrations of music

My eyes snapped open- startled, and for a moment, I wasn't sure where I was. Vague memories of the night before slowly started to come back to me.

I was in Sammy's spare bedroom.

On Sammy's incredibly soft spare bed.

When my body stirred awake, it was as if someone had poured oil into my joints like they did the tin man in the wizard of oz, and I could magically move again. My arm stretched high over my head as I sat up.

The music was much clearer now that the grogginess from sleep was starting to wear off, and I decided I was going to investigate.