26

Happy Friday lovelies!!
Thank you so much for the continuous support on this book.
Love y'all so much<3
Xoxo

Dante

My heart was pounding hard against my chest as I looked over in complete mortification at Sammy

My heart was pounding hard against my chest as I looked over in complete mortification at Sammy. I had unintentionally thrown him off of me.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I rushed out, offering a hand to help him up. Sammy's face was the most red I had ever seen it. "I didn't mean to, I-" I stuttered out.

"It's okay." He replied, "I shouldn't have done that."

The look in his eyes cut straight through me. It felt like the same rejection I had felt earlier, when I thought I messed up drastically by kissing him. His intensity, gaze, and visible pain made it impossible for me to filter my words. "It really isn't that. I... I- um, I enjoyed that."

That part came out a little choppy.

"I just don't think... with the way our personal and professional lives are entangled-"

That initial response retracted itself, and instead, Sammy's eyes softened.

"I just think it would be best if we kept it professional." I finished finally.

While I wanted nothing more than to continue kissing this gorgeous man, my thoughts had raced back to mere moments ago. I relived that dread which initially washed over me when I had thought about losing everything I just gained in such a short period of time.

I couldn't afford to fuck up my bartending job or lose out on that extra cash for fixing the roof. Pursuing anything with Sammy could lead to that, and right now, I needed to focus on myself.

"I understand." Sammy nodded. "For now, lets get cleaned up and in bed. It's been one hell of a day and you still have work tomorrow morning." He reminded me. I physically felt the last of my energy leaving me as the thought of work crossed my mind. "I'm going to take a quick shower, but just set your soaked clothes in that hamper there and I'll take care of them."

I glanced over in the direction Sammy jerked his head, and saw a large basket that already had some clothes piled up.

"Thank you." I gave him a nod and a slight smile.

"Not a problem." He returned the smile, before disappearing down the narrow staircase.

Thus I began the tedious process of separating these soaking wet clothes from my body.

Sammy